Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Caddy Forum Re-Launch

So awesome the page is back. Thanks Al. Iím going to try and find the original sales post I bought
    Mine from which I still have since 2009. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_School_Cool View Post
    So awesome the page is back. Thanks Al. I’m going to try and find the original sales post I bought
    Mine from which I still have since 2009. Love it.
    Will be here somewhere :thumbs-up:

Evening all, nice to see the forum rise again!

Cheers for putting the time and money in Al, and Monkey

Wahey, nostalgia at it’s best!

Great timing too, got back into a caddy again this year so i can reap the benefits once more of the forum ��
    Donation made, cheers Al ��

Wow ... so good to be back - thanks Al and all (or at least a lot of) the old playmates have resurfaced - good to see you all.

Quote Originally Posted by mickw View Post
    Wow ... so good to be back - thanks Al and all (or at least a lot of) the old playmates have resurfaced - good to see you all.
    Are you still fighting with that MGB Mike?

Ah, these twunts.

Funnily enough, I thought about buying my Ute back today. My son has been trying to convince me.

There goes the neighbourhood lol. Welcome back George the hemp eating island dweller.

The neighbourhood isn’t going anywhere yet.
    I’m ‘legally’ consuming cannabis, under license now

I’m glad that this is open again. I keep getting banned on Facebook, so I deleted my profile. Although I opened it again to send a message to someone.

https://youtu.be/PWSx0bBiNIs

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    Are you still fighting with that MGB Mike?
    Yes Al (good memory you've got) - but major progress - the engine is rebuilt and the car is in the body shop being prepped for paint at last.
    With a following wind it should be done by the end of the year. I bought it in 1999 so that will be the end of a 23 year project.
    I have never driven it and it has been off the road since 1992.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtbikedave View Post
    I’m glad that this is open again. I keep getting banned on Facebook, so I deleted my profile. Although I opened it again to send a message to someone.

https://youtu.be/PWSx0bBiNIs
    Welcome back George

Yes Al (good memory you've got) - but major progress - the engine is rebuilt and the car is in the body shop being prepped for paint at last.
    With a following wind it should be done by the end of the year. I bought it in 1999 so that will be the end of a 23 year project.
    I have never driven it and it has been off the road since 1992.
    Is it still registered with the DVLA lol.

That's a longer ongoing project than any of mine so I dont feel so bad now!

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    Is it still registered with the DVLA lol.

That's a longer ongoing project than any of mine so I dont feel so bad now!
    Had to check the registration - it is registered but not SORNd so I've done that now - glad you mentioned it - ta

Had to check the registration - it is registered but not SORNd so I've done that now - glad you mentioned it - ta
    A lot of people have come unstuck in recent years. I dont know what the cut date/time is for the DVLA but many have restored cars they have owned for years only to find they are no longer on the system!

My brother bought a Lambretta off someone a couple of years back and he had to get proof of manufacture etc from the Lambretta club before the DVLA would give it its old regno back and issue a new V5

There has been some issues with the forum sending out emails for new registrations & password reminders, which has always been its achilles heel over the years! Last night Monkey hacked the forum sofeware so it now uses the latest email security protocol, so hopefully this will be the end of the issues

HELLO!!!!! :) :) :)

WOW IT'S BEEN SO LONG! :) I'm doing well, still living in upstate NY, married, 2 kids. Sold "The Truckdoza" after my son was born unfortunately but it's living a great life out in Utah with a super cool dude. Last I heard he put an AAZ and Giles pump in it and it's achieved full diesel glory! I'm currently dailying a Toyota Tundra, it's a bit bigger :P

I hope everyone's doing well though and it was so cool to see an email from Al!

Cheers friends!

Garry
    The Truckdoza Lives!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Garry View Post
    HELLO!!!!! :) :) :)

WOW IT'S BEEN SO LONG! :) I'm doing well, still living in upstate NY, married, 2 kids. Sold "The Truckdoza" after my son was born unfortunately but it's living a great life out in Utah with a super cool dude. Last I heard he put an AAZ and Giles pump in it and it's achieved full diesel glory! I'm currently dailying a Toyota Tundra, it's a bit bigger :P

I hope everyone's doing well though and it was so cool to see an email from Al!

Cheers friends!

Garry
    WOW, blast from the past!

Sounds like life is treating you well Garry. I guess you still need a pickup of some sort to collect your yearly Christmas Tree

Fantastic news Al, thanks for your hard work getting the forum back online.

Hello everyone, its been far too long.
    I was forced to sell the caddy years ago, since then I've had a lupo, mk5 golf estate, mk4 golf estate and now I've got a fairly lively Mk1 Touran (Terry) who is rather rapid and lays down diesel fumes like no tomorrow.
    I'm building / renovating a huge bungalow / house project at the moment - check me out on INSTAGRAM @handypaulo I've been fairly busy.
    Once the house is finished I'll be getting back into a mk1 caddy (if there will be any left by then!)
    Love you all, nice to see some familiar faces. x
    Paulo rocks the outkast dub club like its nineteen ninety nine!!!