Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: MK1 Caddy Rear Chassis Shock mounts now available

  1. #1

    MK1 Caddy Rear Chassis Shock mounts now available

    Have been working on these for a while :)

    Its taken time to get the "bulge" correct where the shocks shoulder sits, so specific tooling has been made so we can replicate the original perfectly

    Prices TBC shortly

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shockmount.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	31494

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    worthing
    Posts
    4,499
    You’re good at this! Brilliant work. Some day soon I’m going to place a monster order

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    5,007
    Quote Originally Posted by worthingcaddy View Post
    You’re good at this! Brilliant work. Some day soon I’m going to place a monster order
    On filler?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    worthing
    Posts
    4,499
    Haha dick. Hopefully not too much filler with the use of all these replacement bits. I’ve always been more of a fibreglass man anyway haha

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    5,007
    Quote Originally Posted by worthingcaddy View Post
    Haha dick. Hopefully not too much filler with the use of all these replacement bits. I’ve always been more of a fibreglass man anyway haha
    Lol

    X

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by worthingcaddy View Post
    Some day soon I’m going to place a monster order
    Is it that bad?

  7. #7
    Ok, both sides are sorted :)

    Prices will be 42.50 inc VAT & UK delivery

    Delivery starts later this coming week

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3771.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	31525

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3772.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	31526

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3777.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	31527

    http://www.retrofication.co.uk/shockmount.html

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    5,007
    Thats a bargain price, considering the hassle it’d entail trying to replicate the pieces at home.

    Well done on your pioneering alun!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Romsey
    Posts
    883
    Do you have a secret camera in my garage Al?
    You seem to produce these parts in anticipation of my next dilemma!
    For a novice like me, this kind of help makes all the difference. :thumbs_up

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    worthing
    Posts
    4,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    Is it that bad?
    no it's actually not bad at all really, but now you've got this lot available...might as well make it all fresh again!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    Do you have a secret camera in my garage Al?
    You seem to produce these parts in anticipation of my next dilemma!
    For a novice like me, this kind of help makes all the difference. :thumbs_up
    No camera honest:I I thought yours was just the lower parts mate???





    Quote Originally Posted by worthingcaddy View Post
    no it's actually not bad at all really, but now you've got this lot available...might as well make it all fresh again!
    Hopefully it wont be that bad, no need to change whats good

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    1,775
    Ever thought about doing fuel tanks Al?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    5,007
    Quote Originally Posted by fuus View Post
    Ever thought about doing fuel tanks Al?
    That’s got to be done, as mine won’t last forever

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by fuus View Post
    Ever thought about doing fuel tanks Al?
    Im constantly thinking about fuel tanks, wheel wells, arches etc.

    Those types of parts require deep press stamping and the tooling is very costly, but im always looking for a way :)

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    1,775
    A cuboid alloy tank which fits the original mountings with integrated pump and swirl pot would sell a treat I reckon if you could get them produced on some scale

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    1,775
    Doesn't neccesarily need to be an identical copy of the original tank, I think a lot of people would happily compromise for alloy that won't rust again

  17. #17
    Yeah, making alloy tanks should be straight forwards enough, could also do them with an option so that drop-in "donor" fuel pump & sender could be used :thumbs_up

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    1,775
    Now that's an idea. I guess it all comes down to price point, and making it fit nicely with the metal straps as I'm guessing you'd need some spreader places on the corners of the tank to stop it creasing the straps

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    5,007
    Quote Originally Posted by fuus View Post
    Now that's an idea. I guess it all comes down to price point, and making it fit nicely with the metal straps as I'm guessing you'd need some spreader places on the corners of the tank to stop it creasing the straps
    Or

    He could have some stainless straps made and bent at 90 degrees to wrap around the tank perfectly

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    1,775
    Get some baffles in there and it'd be perfect

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •