Thread: AAZ clutch dilemma

AAZ clutch dilemma

Hi guys,

Iíve used the search and not come up with anything really...

Iíve fitted a newer lower mileage 1.9TD AAZ engine with boost pin and turned the diesel pump up a bit...

The LUK standard clutch lasted 500 miles and I thought Iíd fitted it wrong or set up issue?! But no was
    Just burnt out...

Iíve looked into upgraded clutches from darkside developments and for such a small mod Iím not sure whether to fit a standard new Sachs kit on it as it claims to be a better quality? Or go down the route of an upgrade? I donít plan to do anything more power wise...

I just wanted your in put as a lot of you have done the engine swaps

Thanks in advanced!

Tom

Luk clutches are fairly good quality. It really shouldn't have worn out that quick. What gearbox/flywheel combination did you use? Was the clutch slipping as soon as you fitted it? Do you have any photos of the worn out clutch plates?

02A gearbox... the only difference being that when I originally put the AAZ engine in 2012 it was from a 1995 golf driver and the newer one was from a 1996 Passat so the two fly wheels were different so I just swapped them around so the new engine would fit on the old box. If that makes sense. I’ve not stripped the old clutch out yet.

I also did the crank seal.

I thought the same as it’s such a little mod most modern clutches should hold up to an extra 10hp if that! Haha

Is the clutch slipping? Was it slipping straight away after fitting it or was it ok for a while?

yeah badly but only in 4th and 5th when i hit the boost... no it was perfect for a month and was loving it.