Thread: Mk1 aaz conversion what clutch?

Mk1 aaz conversion what clutch?

Hi Iím just about to put my aaz into my mk1 caddy and read the guide to fitting in the how to section.
    Iím going to use the original mk1 5 speed box but the guide says a gti clutch is a good upgrade so my question is is there a difference between the 1.8 clutch and the 1.6? If so does anybody know what one I would need?
    Any advice would be great thanks

Difference is the 1.6 clutch is 190 or 200mm and 1.8 is 210mm but that's it. Most clutches I have seen are 210mm if they have been changed. What car is AAZ from? If Passat or Audi 80 they have a different flywheel.
    A Caddy is for life not just for Christmas

Hi thanks for your help. The engine is from a mk3 golf. I was going to use the 1.6d gearbox and flywheel from the caddy unless I can use the mk3 flywheel but I’m only going by the how to post and it said that it wouldn’t fit inside the 1.6 bellhousing?

What are the part numbers on both clutch flywheels? starts 027...
    Measure flywheel diameters.
    A Caddy is for life not just for Christmas

I’ll have to have a look. I was hoping to get all of the relevant bits before I pulled the engine out of the caddy but I guess it’s best to double check before I buy anything! Thanks again aaron