Thread: ABF w/ Heater delete

ABF w/ Heater delete

Hi all, after another bit of advice from anyone that can help..

So after deleting my heater in my caddy, im not 100% sure which ports im going to need to block up so to speak. Its been that long since i stripped it i cant remember where everything went. I have the plastic coolant flange bolted onto the front and the corresponding pipe that goes from the bottom of it to the water pump and oil cooler. I presume the part of the flange that goes straight out goes to the rad?

So i have two ports left on my water pump, and one port on the side of the head that i can remember. Where do i go from here?

Engine Build Up.jpg

Sorry for the pic on its side, cant seem to get it to stay upright

your heater outlets will be on the back of the engine, that's the front. Have a look round the back / post a pic!

Well either on the back or a pipe that runs from the front over the top of the gearbox bellhousing

Engine 5.jpg

Backs bare so looking at the piping im sure they're like you say and run down the side of the engine.
    Ive got the two at the bottom of the water pump and then this flange on the side of the head:

Engine 6.jpg

Flange on the side of the head sounds likely as an outlet of hot side, the rubber pipe that attaches to it might have a Y join in it? As for a return it might connect straight back down near the oil cooler unit at the front