Thread: Is it just me get old

Is it just me get old

Be look at some new tools and it seems to be all cordless now

You were old years ago. Lithium ion batteries are far superior to either mains or air, if I was buying my stuff again then it would all be cordless
    That's not gonna happen though, coz your a prick! And I'll stay here just to annoy the fuck out of you.

I was skeptical about a cordless jigsaw I bought last year (bosch) but actually, as long as its charged before I need it....

.... It's been really handy and pretty powerful. Not needing to fuck about with cables and just picking it up, cut, put it back is great

borrowed a 1200Nm cordless impact gun for a job the other day, brilliant bit of kit
    Mk1 '91 1.6 GTD build so far...

The only tool I have be told about is
    A grinder is no good cordless

I haven't tried one - again handy if you are away from power

i cant imagine a cordless one to be all that useful - working on something shit like a rusty old pick up it would run out of charge in no time

I have an 18v bosch cordless grinder and its a brilliant tool, The batteries last a decent amount of time.
    The trick is to use 1mm or 1.6mm cutting discs.
    Thats a 4 pole brushed grinder, the brushless ones are as good as mains .

Since they figured out how to make batteries that don't suck, the cordless stuff has been taking off. I've been moving to it. Not being tethered to an air hose or electric wire is great. The big issue is you have to pick a line, since they share battery designs that don't fit anything else. So you have to pick or be cluttered up with different chargers and batteries. It sucks to choose one line to go with and then another line comes out with with more/better/cheaper stuff. It's happened to me already.

There's a bright side to being retro though. Since a lot of pro's (and everybody else) are going with more cordless stuff you can buy their high quality used corded tools for cheaper and cheaper.