Thread: Front brake upgrade question

Front brake upgrade question

Hi all hny itís been a while since iv been on here Iím hoping this is the year I get back on the caddy. Iv got some new 15Ē rims coming I also have a g60 plant to go in. Iím wanting to do the g60 Calipers upgrade. Iv asked a few friends which all have different answers. If I use corrado g60 Calipers I will need adapters to bolts these on but do I need to change the hubs??

Thanks James

Presuming its a MK1 Caddy:

Keep your std hubs, but you will need adapters.

Some people have used MK2 hubs, so that 280s fit straight on, but that completely fucks up the geometry so wouldn't recommend it at all!

Thanks for the reply. Well that makes things easier so adapters will allow the 280mm discs to fit also ?

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Well that makes things easier so adapters will allow the 280mm discs to fit also ?
    Yes you will need adapters and you have to make sure you have 280mm carriers, as I have seen so many people selling 256 carriers as 280s

The Girling/Lucas 54 calipers are the same regardless of 256 or 280mm, its the carrier that allows for the bigger disc, so thats the most important part

Thanks for your help al I will be purchasing some adaptors hopefully soon