Thread: Mk1 caddy air ride

Mk1 caddy air ride

Has anyone got any experience with air ride from tatechnix looking at the setup they offer looks canny but cant find any reviews on it or whats it like

Just been talking to a guy who sells these sent me a couple pics which has really put me off as the bracket that goes inplace of the leaf spring at the front seems to hang about 4inch below the sill so surely this will affect on how low you can go and would look shit seeing it hanging below the sill.

Please post up the pics you got sent!

First pic is my main concern on how low the bracket hangs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heres a better pic too understand
    Attached Images Attached Images

wow thats low. when I was building my 5-link I made sure that section was no lower that the cill
    Last edited by Mike.F; 01-12-2018 at 09:10 AM.

Same as Mike, mine doesnt drop below the cill.

Did you build your own too lumberjack. Just checked yours out mike looks sweet as a nut. Still not sure if i did go for it if i could modify it a bit a try shorten the bracket as it would look silly hanging out the bottom and i recon it would catch on speed bumps and curbs when parking

Quote Originally Posted by richiebear View Post
    Did you build your own too lumberjack. Just checked yours out mike looks sweet as a nut. Still not sure if i did go for it if i could modify it a bit a try shorten the bracket as it would look silly hanging out the bottom and i recon it would catch on speed bumps and curbs when parking
    I bought it from a guy who made them in the UK on behalf of a guy in the states, long story short he no longer makes them however I can't see any issue with cutting the bottom off the strut to mount the bracket for the four links higher up as that's basically how mine is setup, would need welding instead of bolting as I'm assuming that's how the kit currently operates, shouldnt impact its operation in anyway

Dont suppose you have any pics of your setup. Really want air ride last caddy i had on coilovers and flipped axel was so bloody bumpy you felt every bit of chud on the road not nice i want a nice low stance but with a nice smooth ride. Wonder if its worth taking the risk spending a grand on that setup and modifying it

these are pretty much all i have of the setup, mocked up on the floor
    IMG-20160506-WA0033.jpg
    underside with mounts and the plates for hanging bags and dampers
    20160501_110517.jpg
    mocked up on the chassis
    IMG-20160506-WA0030.jpg
    not that it makes much difference but keep in mind this is a four link setup and not a panhard bar setup

Noway that looks mint. Whats the ride like have you got bags on the front too. Is it nice n smooth. Ive seen this car with air ride on and it was dead bouncy driving along didnt look right at all

I have no idea never driven it, will have bags upfront and when I find out how it is I'll let you know

Should be smooth as silk if the compression rebound and pressures are all set correctly and the dampers arnt rock hard

Spot on mate crack on then dying to find out lol. Ill keep researching and see what i can find on the sly from the mrs as she is not impressed with the money i want to spend to have air ride haha