Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shielding Gas

I am glad that my post and market research has affirmed that you are all on the best price plans for your welding.

All the volumes are up there in M^3 un the CuM column, which I then multiplied by the refill cost to give cost per m^3.

Is the deposit actually relevant? I guess you all plan on giving up welding as you are old, I hope I will be for a few years to come

I personally (this week) am happy with BOC. I didn't say BOC were cheap, I was just surprised that they were remotely competitive.

Elroy - the 2nd table (not graph) is the next columns on the first table (not graph), based on using 3x 1.34 hobbyweld bottles (about what I use a year as a hobbyist)

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    Lol, you’ve just contradicted yourself. When you’re doing paid work..you’re a so called pro and when you’re doing work for yourself.... you’re a hobbyist too!
    I dont care what im labelled as, makes no odds to me, its you who took offence to the word when it wasnt even directed at you! Just because I solder some pipes to together that doesnt make me plumber, or sawing some wood doesnt make me a carpenter!

Quote Originally Posted by 13 View Post
    I am glad that my post and market research has affirmed that you are all on the best price plans for your welding.

All the volumes are up there in M^3 un the CuM column, which I then multiplied by the refill cost to give cost per m^3.

Is the deposit actually relevant? I guess you all plan on giving up welding as you are old, I hope I will be for a few years to come

I personally (this week) am happy with BOC. I didn't say BOC were cheap, I was just surprised that they were remotely competitive.

Elroy - the 2nd table (not graph) is the next columns on the first table (not graph), based on using 3x 1.34 hobbyweld bottles (about what I use a year as a hobbyist)
    BOC will depend on your supplier, when I had an account they were very strict on who had a bottle, and charged for both collection & delivery on top of their base prices, but that may have changed as they never did a hobby offer!

Non rental deposits are not ongoing and are refundable. Rental is reoccurring whether you use the gas or not. So if you dont do any welding for a year or two you will still be paying a rental on something you do not use.

I used to sit with my customers when I was stocking Adams. Most of which were garages/workshops and Adams worked out cheaper 9 times out of 10 compared to BOC or Air Liquide.

A factor for you will also be how close they are t you, and whether they deliver and if they actually stock the product you need

I am not even a hobbyist....I am not that good yet
    **** Caddyless Vandango ****

Blimey! Caddyshack! Good to see you here!