Thread: Racking in back

Racking in back

sorry new to this forum so not sure where to post it

ive just bought a 2011 vw caddy (new shape) and I want to get some of those ply Racking/shelving units that are on ebay for the sides (brob both sides)
    the back of my caddy isn't ply lined tho its all completely carpet lined which I quite like
    I was wondering if the racking units can still be secured to the sides?(drilled through the carpet into certain points on the inside metal) or does the sides need to be ply lined first?
    thanks

hey ive got racking in my van home made when I bought it but mine is ply lined By trendline so its really well done. there is a small amount in mine just as you open the side door its between the back of the driver seat and the rear wheel so its just enough. But anyways he fixed it to the floor and the screwed it to the plastic in the roof with just basic brackets but only problem its also secured buy the ply on the wheel arch. So you might have to support it there some how. I can get pictures if you need some. its really handy for putting bits on and then I just put rubber honey combe matting all over the back of the van so that stuff don't slide about.