Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Starting Problem

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    KEIGHLEY
    Posts
    298

    Starting Problem

    I have a AHU engine that periodically doesn't want to start. It turns over fine but it's like there is no fuel. If I leave it a few hours and go to start it again it will then fire up. Only does it ever so often. What's people's thoughts?
    It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    5,008
    It’s that thing sticking out your window, taking in to much air.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    KEIGHLEY
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    It’s that thing sticking out your window, taking in to much air.
    Dick
    It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Enfield, Middlesex, UK
    Posts
    1,246
    I had this engine in my old mk4 golf, that developed a starting issue. Turned out to be an air leak because the injector leak off pipe cap had split. might be worth checking injector seals and the leak off pipes?...

    before i identified the problem i fitted a rubber priming bulb before the fuel pump. When i had a starting issue i'd give it a couple of pumps and it would run...
    Outkast Dub Club - Undesirable dubs, for undesirable people.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    KEIGHLEY
    Posts
    298
    Cheers pal
    It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    KEIGHLEY
    Posts
    298
    Any pictures of the priming bulb?
    It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits!

  7. #7

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    KEIGHLEY
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    For the sake of £10 I will try a new one anyway. Thanks
    It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    KEIGHLEY
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I had this engine in my old mk4 golf, that developed a starting issue. Turned out to be an air leak because the injector leak off pipe cap had split. might be worth checking injector seals and the leak off pipes?...

    before i identified the problem i fitted a rubber priming bulb before the fuel pump. When i had a starting issue i'd give it a couple of pumps and it would run...
    Did you fit priming bulb just by timing belt cover?
    It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    KEIGHLEY
    Posts
    298
    Top or bottom pipe for primer?


    aluminium sulfate solubility
    It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    KEIGHLEY
    Posts
    298
    Anyone? Which fuel pipe for the primer bulb? Thanks
    It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Enfield, Middlesex, UK
    Posts
    1,246
    I think it was the bottom pipe. You want it after the fuel filter on the pipe feeding the injector pump, not the return line. If just find out what one is the supply pipe and put it on that one.
    Outkast Dub Club - Undesirable dubs, for undesirable people.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    KEIGHLEY
    Posts
    298
    I assumed the bottom one was the feed but just wanted to double check. Thanks
    It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    KEIGHLEY
    Posts
    298
    Ordered a 109 relay. When it arrived I went to fit it and my board doesn't have one????
    It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    5,008
    Quote Originally Posted by sallyandsean View Post
    Ordered a 109 relay. When it arrived I went to fit it and my board doesn't have one????
    That’s brill!!!

    So it could be that ‘thing’ you’ve got then?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    13,793
    There should be a 109 in there somewhere, is it on a standalone relay holder rather than on the board?
    That's not gonna happen though, coz your a prick! And I'll stay here just to annoy the fuck out of you.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    KEIGHLEY
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    That’s brill!!!

    So it could be that ‘thing’ you’ve got then?
    Maybe
    It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    KEIGHLEY
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_T View Post
    There should be a 109 in there somewhere, is it on a standalone relay holder rather than on the board?
    Better start searching lol
    It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    KEIGHLEY
    Posts
    298
    Found my relay lol
    It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •