Thread: Mk2 van rear shock options - Peugeot 106 / 206

Mk2 van rear shock options - Peugeot 106 / 206

Are there any rear shocks from other vehicles that will fit a Mk2 van and suitable for use with a flipped axle? I hear Peugeot 106 / 206 rear shocks work okay? does anyone have any experience of these on there van? Thanks

They might fit, but I'd have thought they'd be a bit light on the damping. 106's are really light on the back, I think they even had a plastic boot lid to keep it down.

Thanks for your help

Just because something fits, doesnt mean its suitable for the job! Dampers are matched to spring weights and mounting angles

Just buy something that is correct for the job

http://www.retrofication.co.uk/mk2tarear.html

Completely agree Al and from that I take it you don't know of or have any experience with suitable alternatives if any exist that is?

No Al has plenty of experiance.he owns retrofication. this forum and has built more caddys than you can shake a stick at! What he is saying is buy specific short caddy ones like koni reds that he sells
    Life is just a game we play!!

My build http://www.vwcaddy.com/showthread.ph...er-cover-caddy

Hi tontoe, yes I realise this, and thanks for your help. Like I said I agree with Al, I wasn't questioning his experience, I was simply interested in peoples opinions that have used alternatives on there vans. Sorry for any misunderstanding, no offence was meant towards anyone
    Last edited by RetroRides; 27-07-2018 at 10:06 PM.

None taken. Get yourself some koni reds I have ran them for over 2 years they performed faultlessly
    Life is just a game we play!!

My build http://www.vwcaddy.com/showthread.ph...er-cover-caddy

Quote Originally Posted by RetroRides View Post
    Hi tontoe, yes I realise this, and thanks for your help. Like I said I agree with Al, I wasn't questioning his experience, I was simply interested in peoples opinions that have used alternatives on there vans. Sorry for any misunderstanding, no offence was meant towards anyone
    Years ago there was nothing available for Caddys so there were lots of different dampers tried from beetle dampers to American Car Skyjackers, and they all worked within reason. Now days I work with Koni UK and we adapt/re-valve currently available dampers specifically for Caddys (MK3's just sorted and will be announced soon).

Also we sell the TA units which are probably just as cheap as any alternative you may find that will fit. TA in Germany asked me to first try these back in 2008 on my MK2 VR6 van and I was very impressed with their performance and longevity, so if you are on more of a budget then the TA's are excellent. The Koni's give you more flexibility as they are manually adjustable.

Thanks for the information and taking the time to explain, much appreciated