Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Itís only supposed to be a parts van for the project van

Just thought I’d stick these up, I only got a couple of photos. I’ve patched up a few more holes and had to re do some previous repairs as they were really bad.
    The rear subframe mount captive nut had been covered over and the end of the subframe cut off. I’ve welded a new captive nut in and welded a new end onto the subframe.

I’ve still a small hole to do on the drivers side then tackle the passenger side.

I met Al on Thursday to do some dodgy car park dealings. I’d contacted him before Christmas about some new coilovers but I didn’t want them to get caught up in Christmas post. I was down his way visiting family so we met up and I came away with a set of these

It will be interesting to see the difference in ride quality and how low they go compared to the JOM’s that are on at the minute.

Welded in captive nut sounds easier than my 2 person way.....
    Or one hand on a spanner and the other working the impact

Captive nut was the only way for me.

Well Rob and I had a road trip last night and picked up a replacement pair of wings, bonnet, bonnet catch, drivers glove box and the interior rubber covers for the rear lights for the van. Annoyingly the bonnet has had one corner bent over slightly so I’m going to have to tweak that back in line and maybe a skim of filler on it.