Thread: Setting up steering rack mk1 caddy

Setting up steering rack mk1 caddy

Trying to setup my tracking after previous owner fitted new one but just cant seem to get it after googling it found the measurements. Im i right in thinking you dont actually screw the rods all the way onto the rack these should also be set at a certain measurement. Seems like to me that they shouldn't be as if are like mine the rods are then too short am i right. Trying so hard to get it on the road in time for vw show in tynemouth but eveything seems to be taking the piss. Any advice appreciated cheers Richie

Got the rack off tonight set it up to the lengths stated online my rack doesnt have the locking nuts on the rack that lock the tie rods to the correct lenght where can i get these 2 nuts from anybody???

They should really come with the ball joints on the end of the rack, will see what I can find online

If you're in a real rush you could go to your local motorfactor tomorrow morning and just buy a pair of track rod ends which will come with them

Well ive managed to get 2 off my dad turns out driveshaft nuts r the same so i just cut them down so there thinner and job done rack back on now happy days. Thank you tho