Thread: Drivers side rear panel repair

Drivers side rear panel repair

I've got my latest caddy shell back from the sandblaster and as expected it is a pretty shoddy in places. The worst is the drivers side between the 'B' pillar and the rear arch. I don't think there are any repair panels out there so i was thinking of using some mk1 golf 3dr outer door skins as they have the same profile (i think) https://www.vwheritage.com/171831106...-door-vw-spare.

Has anyone had any experience with this area?

caddy side.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by thenamesdaryl View Post
    I've got my latest caddy shell back from the sandblaster and as expected it is a pretty shoddy in places. The worst is the drivers side between the 'B' pillar and the rear arch. I don't think there are any repair panels out there so i was thinking of using some mk1 golf 3dr outer door skins as they have the same profile (i think) https://www.vwheritage.com/171831106...-door-vw-spare.

Has anyone had any experience with this area?

caddy side.jpg
    Ask worthingcaddy for advice, his truck is worse than that...... but yours ain’t got the cat footprints lol

https://www.vwheritage.com/179809604...panel-vw-spare brand new panel, you're welcome.

it even comes with the sill!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    Ask worthingcaddy for advice, his truck is worse than that...... but yours ain’t got the cat footprints lol
    OI prick haha

Sand? More like rocks!

Christ, what is the other side like? Must have had a hell of a lot of filler to hide all that?

The other side is pretty alright, yeah it looked alright with all the filler in there! That side panel is mega, not sure how i didnt find that before. shame about the price but that would solve so many other problems too... Here is a before picDSC_0072.jpg

costs a lot, but then it's done right. plus you won't have a headache doing your sills because they're already attached! it'd just be lining it all up correctly and welding it in.
    i just finished mine, and it takes a while to line it all up, and cut them to fit.

Yeah, my sills need doing anyway, plus theres damage all along the panel with holes everywhere, so its a no brainer! You got any pictures of yours?

I’d say that price is bloody good!!!! They’re ideals for what I need to do so I will buy both sides ready for when I restore it. They’re just up the road from me too

Ya, on my thread updated it yesterday. Yup, sounds like a plan you won't even need body filler on those panels either, well maybe a skim. But they should be perfect, even less to worry about.