Thread: New MK2 Caddy Owner with plenty of questions and ideas.

New MK2 Caddy Owner with plenty of questions and ideas.

Good Evening/Morning fellow caddy/pickup owners. I am new to the Caddy scene however not new to the VW range. I have owned plenty of Golf Mk3's and i now have a T4. That is the main project, however i brought the pickup to use as a work horse so i can finish the t4 and then get onto the pick up.

So i brought it blind and wasn't made aware of how much of a rust bucket it was, mainly the rear sills and bed.

Me and a friend started cutting out the bed, which is turning out to be more a pig than first thought. Someone has patched the rear half of the bed with what seems like 10mm thick steel which just eats up grinding disks.

Anyone, can any recommend anywhere where i can buy a replacement bed, or what i could do to use and weld in instead.

Also, can anyone recommend a fabricator of sills, i thought i may as well do all the body work before anything else.

Pics will follow.

Really appreciate your help guys and girls in advance.

i managed to buy some sills, at least repair panels for them, some place up manchester way. or down manchester way from your perspective.

no idea on the bed, Al (site owner) does the beds for the mk1 but im not sure how they differ. you would need to mess.

you can also buy wings as well, pattern ones but wings nevertheless.

Quote Originally Posted by whelp View Post
    i managed to buy some sills, at least repair panels for them, some place up manchester way. or down manchester way from your perspective.

no idea on the bed, Al (site owner) does the beds for the mk1 but im not sure how they differ. you would need to mess.

you can also buy wings as well, pattern ones but wings nevertheless.
    Hey whelp, what do you mean by patterned ? Also I love the idea of a rear sliding window like the mk1 has anyone done anything like that or had a custom made?

I’m going try and make a list of the differant jobs/ideas I have hopefully be able get a helping hand along the way.

All new to the pickup life as Iv been used to the golds and the t4s so I’m learning.

non oem, patterns are copies of the originals.