Thread: Rear beam crossmember positioning???

Rear beam crossmember positioning???

Last year I took to chopping up the mess that was the bed of my caddy. I wrote down as much information as I could on this one special piece of paper and told myself "you better not loose this"... well I lost it and now Im at the point of putting the 5 cross beams back on and have no idea where to place them. Obviously this is quite important (more so the middle 3) for when it comes to fitting the rear shocks. I was just wondering if anyone who has replaced these beams or by chance currently has the bed chopped off could maybe send me some sizes that could help me get the positioned correctly. I have had a look through forums but with photo bucket removing pictures its very difficult to match the description. Parts im talking about are the ones highlighted in green in the attached image (Used from Retrofication). Really appreciate any help I can get.

Hey dude,
    I am currently in the world of measuring this area up for replacement. Before I offer to send you some measurements I think it would be best if you saw my build thread. My truck is in a poor condition and the crossmembers are bent.
    But I'm happy to send all the measurements I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    Hey dude,
    I am currently in the world of measuring this area up for replacement. Before I offer to send you some measurements I think it would be best if you saw my build thread. My truck is in a poor condition and the crossmembers are bent.
    But I'm happy to send all the measurements I have.
    I thought the rust on the back end of mine was bad.... fuck me, you have put a lot of work into that truck bud! looking good though! Would really appreciate the sizes though dude. Will do a quick sketch to try help explain the sizes I need. Bear with me on this one my art doesn't exceed stickmen on a good day