Thread: VR6 Corrado Radiator in a Mk1?

VR6 Corrado Radiator in a Mk1?

I've been umming and arring about upgrading my radiator and I've finally decided to bite the bullet. Mike's Passat radiator will be too wide for me to get intercooler pipes past, but would probably be ideal for naturally aspirated engines.

Will the VR6 Corrado radiator work? I'm wondering if the top elbow will fit under the bonnet? Both my intercooler pipes will be coming from the drivers side so the width isn't an issue.

linked is the 630mm x 322mm Core
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Corrad...QAAOSwoR9aBIBC

I've done lots of searching on the forum and I swear I've seen pictures of an installation before but I can't find them now for the life of me....

Cheers Gang!

Sorry forgot to say in the pm. You can get that coolant pipe elbow in without cutting a bit out the slam panel but you will need to lean the rad into the bay a bit. I needed to cut a bit out but that’s because the VR6 engine is so much bigger than a 4 cylinder

Leaning it into the bay a bit will be ideal for me anyway, to give the IC a bit more breathing room, there's quite a bit of clearance there for a fan or two too.

You’ll get it in easy then, I can’t remember what core size my IC is but you can have a measure up once the rads in.
    There’s plenty of sizes available, mines just a cheapo one but seems to do the job