Thread: E46 Skidbox

E46 Skidbox

So me and my mate were bored and started looking for a cheap rwd weapon to get sideways for as cheap as possible. It started with a test in 318i compact for £300 which had some poke but wasnt quite enough, and then i stumbled across this 328ci a few miles away listed for £700! This is the pic of it when we got it loaded up which was a job and a half

BMW Load.jpg

I ended up getting for £600 which me and my mate split so we couldnt say no! Then when flicking through the owners manual book we found a couple of 20 quid notes so technically £560

We set to pretty much straight away getting rid of stuff we dont need in the engine bay, and fitted a spare ram air filter i had lying about from my old fiesta which i just trimmed the rubber a bit to get on and did a cold air feed from one of the fog lights

Air filter.jpg

As i live on an old farm theres a proper old cow shed so we decided to keep in there, only problem was one of the doors was fucked, and there was a trough in the middle for where all the cow shit went so we had to shunt the car about a fair bit so started filling it with rubble ready for some cheap concrete of a guy my dad knew

Pre Concrete.jpg

Wet Concrete.jpg

Since then we've ragged it about in some fields once a farmer gave us permission but are really wanting to take it on a drift day. Tyres arent an issue as my mate works for ford so can get shit ones for nothing!

The car itself was an absolute steal, had full leather, harmon kardon speakers, electric passenger seat, cruise control, multi function wheel and runs a dream! The lad before us had fitted some coilovers and welded the diff too so it was ready to skid! It also came with two spare rear wheels, and a spare front and rear bumper. I bought and fitted a momo boss and omp wheel and a cheap ally gear knob and we've bought some cheap corbeau bucket seats which im currently making the bases for

Cockpit.jpg

Corbeaus.jpg

Interior is about 50% stripped cos we cant bring ourselves to get rid of the awesome sound system!! Ive cut the exhaust off half way (classic) and am going to build up a straight pipe for it. Cut the spare wheel well out and welded a plate over the hole so we can put the exhaust where we want and fitted an m3 rear strut brace. Want to relocate the battery to under the strut brace for safety incase any drift taps are a bit more violent than planned haha

Strut.jpg

We,ve just recently been making the barn a bit more of a nicer place to be so made a big bench, blocked up any gaps and blocked up all the doors we wont use. The building itself is never gonna be secure so i just barrow my tools over at the start of the day and then back at the end but as workshops go its decent! my mates dad is an electrician too so he gave us some free tubes and lights so we've managed to get it nice and bright in there

Bits.jpg

Got a quick pic the other night while i was sorting something on the 32 next on the list for the bmer is: get seats fitted, build up the exhaust, get some harnesses and then take it to a drift day and get it sideways!! This is a great bit of fun to get away from the caddy as its stressing me out re-doing this engine bay

will keep this updated when we get some more bits done (or wreck it)

Love it, nice to see something a bit different.

I've been sideways lots in my beemer last few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by 13 View Post
    Love it, nice to see something a bit different.

I've been sideways lots in my beemer last few weeks
    Thanks 13! and yes theres a lot of drift lube on the roads this time of year

Anything new on your e46?