Thread: '86 MK1 Caddy 1.6D injection pump pipes

'86 MK1 Caddy 1.6D injection pump pipes

Hi

I have a leak from I believe from the cone fitting on the end of the second from left injection line. I may have overtightened when I removed them to replace the injection pump o ring. If left for a few days it is a bugger to start!

I am going to replace the set (251198001A) but one of the pipes has slightly different routing than what is fitted. I wondered if any one knew if they will still fit OK? Reading through other threads, I think I will replace the rubber leak of pipes as well.

Thanks for any advice.

Fuel lines.jpgCapture.JPG

Change leak offs first.
    Looks like that set illustrated has same lengths pipes bent to different shapes to fit.
    We used to call it knitting on brake pipes!
    Cheers rolo.

Thanks rolo. So, I replaced all the leak off pipe and blank cap last weekend and got it running. Tried starting it today and have the same issue, nearly drains the battery before it starts. When I finally got it running and switched off, I noticed a bubble from the pump travelling back towards the fuel filter. Is my next course of action to replace the injector lines as one is leaking? It used to start on the button no matter the temperature.

I would have thought at the pressure the lines run you'd see a diesel leak.
    Which O ring did you replace?

Yes it's leaking at the union on the injector, it's only slight and only really causing wetness around the injector. Would that be enough to cause the air getting in and starting issues.

I had a slow drip from the injection pump so I replaced the o ring between the pump body and head. It's well documented on the forums how to do this with the pump in situ. The starting issue is only recent and I replaced the o ring back in April so don't think it's related.

If its leaking fuel it will allow air to be drawn in when not running.
    So you are right to be considering replacement.
    Cheers rolo.