Thread: Rear brake adjuster valve thingy wanted!

Rear brake adjuster valve thingy wanted!

Hi folks, I just failed my MOT in Sweden because the load adjustment valve (at least that's what I think it's called...) for the rear brakes is gone. I've been looking in Scandinavia for a second hand one but no luck. A new one is quite pricey, so i was wondering if anyone has a used one to sell?
    Regards and thanks, Philip.

Iíve got one although Iíve no idea on itís condition internally ....

Make me an offer taking into consideration that it has to be posted to Sweden which canít be cheap!

When you say , 'it's gone' do you mean that it has been removed or it is not working?

I had an issue with my compensator valve when I had mine Mot'd. I eventually removed the whole thing and ran straight hoses. Luckily this passed but I hear it can be due to the discretion of the guy testing it.

As you said, new replacements are very expensive and hard to find. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    When you say , 'it's gone' do you mean that it has been removed or it is not working?

I had an issue with my compensator valve when I had mine Mot'd. I eventually removed the whole thing and ran straight hoses. Luckily this passed but I hear it can be due to the discretion of the guy testing it.

As you said, new replacements are very expensive and hard to find. Good luck.
    Hi, have you had any problems since running straight hoses? I was under the impression this will send to much braking bias to the rear brakes and risk have them lock up to easily. Also what did the mot tester snag with your compensater, bc Iíve got one I may re fit but think I might have the same issue. Cheers, Tom.

You absolutely HAVE to run a compensator of some sort. I ran without the original compensator for a while and it was deadly. I now have a in line compensator from a 16v mk2 scirocco and it’s just the ticket!

Quote Originally Posted by worthingcaddy View Post
    You absolutely HAVE to run a compensator of some sort. I ran without the original compensator for a while and it was deadly. I now have a in line compensator from a 16v mk2 scirocco and itís just the ticket!
    Cheers, thatís what I thought, have you or anyone else had any experience with the inline adjustable type valve? Like this https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F232633494086 C166D402-8154-44DA-8466-E50E28B1CA9D.jpg

I’m 99% sure that it will fail an MOT with one of those as I’m pretty sure you aren’t allowed to be able to change the pressure manually like that

I have to apologise for the duff info.

I looked into this issue but I can't find the thread where I found a conclusion.
    I do know that some in line compensator valves are expensive too.
    I think the solution was to get some of the items that Worthing caddy has posted here, if they are the ones that screw into the master cylinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    I have to apologise for the duff info.

I looked into this issue but I can't find the thread where I found a conclusion.
    I do know that some in line compensator valves are expensive too.
    I think the solution was to get some of the items that Worthing caddy has posted here, if they are the ones that screw into the master cylinder.
    yeah that's the one. i think they also came on some cabriloet models. again though... i could be wrong. it was a long time ago that i dealt with it. there's one on ebay for £50.

You could have a look on Ford Focus tdci master cylinderís

Quote Originally Posted by worthingcaddy View Post
    Hi, great advice thanks, was just about to press BIN on that valve on eBay but couldnít think of exactly the best way/place to plumb it in, how have you installed yours?

There’s 4 outputs in total on the brake M/C. You need 2 of them for each of the front brake calliper (plumbed in diagonally)
    You then need to blank off one and run a single line to the rear brakes from the one left. Wind that straight into the MC and then the bake hose from there to the back

0B5C2FEE-F3CA-4781-9E88-B6DA3939DE38.jpg

Sorry for the crap pic. See what I mean though, just use a single line out and then a Tee that’s each side at the rear and you’re away.

Brilliant thanks!!

I fitted a mk2 one
    Attached Images Attached Images