Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36

Thread: Games consoles....

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    lewes east sussex
    Posts
    1,716

    Games consoles....

    Right then people I know there's lots of excitement about meets etc none of which I can attend...so instead I am considering getting a console yes sad bastard but life's taken a shitty turn. Anyways...Xbox or PlayStation? Thoughts please!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    worthing
    Posts
    4,473
    ah man, that's a shame. sorry to hear that mate. i use PS4 but i think xbox is the one for online gaming

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    lewes east sussex
    Posts
    1,716
    It's not that bad will be for the best long term just wont see my kids as often as i would like. Ah ok thanks not sure if i am looking at online gaming...God it's been years since I used to play! Cheers ant. Congrats on the upcoming bundle by the way! You know what your having? Apart from a baby!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Bognor
    Posts
    529
    Xbox, every time

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    1,567
    What games did you play back in the day?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    lewes east sussex
    Posts
    1,716
    I ain't a bloody antique!! Was very into grand turismo. Racing games mostly...ahhhhh Diddy long Racing! Ok yes I am an antique!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    2,724
    buy one of those new Nintendo SNES classics and play some classics, only £100

  8. #8
    I used to love playing PGR4 online. Problem is that when you start beating people they throw you out of their game

    I think the XBox is probably better than the PS for driving games, unless you want Gran Turismo then its Playstation only

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by blenki View Post
    buy one of those new Nintendo SNES classics and play some classics, only £100
    Or get an xbox and get the Atari and/or the Sega Classics. I have the Sega one which has Sonic, Streets of Rage etc.......

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    horncastle
    Posts
    297
    I've just bought a ps4. Only wanted it for gran turismo.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    2,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    Or get an xbox and get the Atari and/or the Sega Classics. I have the Sega one which has Sonic, Streets of Rage etc.......
    The only game i'll play is Mario Kart or maybe 007 goldeneye

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    lewes east sussex
    Posts
    1,716
    Oooo too much choice! Forza summit on the xbox?....like the idea of old school games but would like to enjoy the latest graphics etc.

  13. #13
    The problem with the latest generation of driving games is that there is to much fucking about setting a car up rather than actual driving!

    Forza is good, but it concentrates on being realistic to much for my liking, PGR on the other hand (which is long gone), was bit more arcade like which was more addictive, and good city tracks like St petersberg, London, New York etc. Plus the old favourites like the Ring etc.
    Last edited by Al; 08-01-2018 at 08:51 PM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    in wiffy viral quarantine
    Posts
    15,604
    I like my ps4, only interested in smashing out brains though.

    Think the 360 of 10 years ago was the peak, games are to complicated and story based now.


    I just want to pick it up, smash heads for 30 mins then leave it

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 View Post
    I like my ps4, only interested in smashing out brains though.

    Think the 360 of 10 years ago was the peak, games are to complicated and story based now.


    I just want to pick it up, smash heads for 30 mins then leave it
    Exactly. I used to use my 360 a lot, but I have not even switched it on in over 5 years, so never bothered upgrading!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    worthing
    Posts
    4,473
    GTA 5 online is the only game i play. just go on there, kill people until they leave or send me shitty messages get bored and turn it off

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    1,567
    Forza and DiRT Rally are both good calls from what I've heard

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Arundel
    Posts
    612
    agree on the 360, used to spend hours on that. upgraded to xbox one and as said to story based and got bored.
    can’t remember the last time either were switched on.
    Dirt is a great game though

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    west midlands
    Posts
    3,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    The problem with the latest generation of driving games is that there is to much fucking about setting a car up rather than actual driving!

    Forza is good, but it concentrates on being realistic to much for my liking, PGR on the other hand (which is long gone), was bit more arcade like which was more addictive, and good city tracks like St petersberg, London, New York etc. Plus the old favourites like the Ring etc.
    I loved Project Gotham racing, really good game and the cars seemed to have a nice 'weight' to them as well without all the pissing about of setting a car up.

    the original game was a game called metropolis street racer which was a dreamcast game.

    personally i own many consoles, nes, master system, mega drive, mega cd, 32x, wii, wii u , xbox 360, xbox one, xbox, ps1, ps2, ps3 probably more of which ive forgotten some.

    need to grab a ps4 at some point tho. although i rarely get chance to play them myself. the mega drive was just borrowed off me as my nephew (aged 5) wanted original sonic to play.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Rochester UK
    Posts
    1,894

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •