Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Games consoles....

Games consoles....

Right then people I know there's lots of excitement about meets etc none of which I can attend...so instead I am considering getting a console yes sad bastard but life's taken a shitty turn. Anyways...Xbox or PlayStation? Thoughts please!

ah man, that's a shame. sorry to hear that mate. i use PS4 but i think xbox is the one for online gaming

It's not that bad will be for the best long term just wont see my kids as often as i would like. Ah ok thanks not sure if i am looking at online gaming...God it's been years since I used to play! Cheers ant. Congrats on the upcoming bundle by the way! You know what your having? Apart from a baby!

Xbox, every time

What games did you play back in the day?

I ain't a bloody antique!! Was very into grand turismo. Racing games mostly...ahhhhh Diddy long Racing! Ok yes I am an antique!

buy one of those new Nintendo SNES classics and play some classics, only £100

I used to love playing PGR4 online. Problem is that when you start beating people they throw you out of their game

I think the XBox is probably better than the PS for driving games, unless you want Gran Turismo then its Playstation only

Quote Originally Posted by blenki View Post
    buy one of those new Nintendo SNES classics and play some classics, only £100
    Or get an xbox and get the Atari and/or the Sega Classics. I have the Sega one which has Sonic, Streets of Rage etc.......

I've just bought a ps4. Only wanted it for gran turismo.

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    Or get an xbox and get the Atari and/or the Sega Classics. I have the Sega one which has Sonic, Streets of Rage etc.......
    The only game i'll play is Mario Kart or maybe 007 goldeneye

Oooo too much choice! Forza summit on the xbox?....like the idea of old school games but would like to enjoy the latest graphics etc.

The problem with the latest generation of driving games is that there is to much fucking about setting a car up rather than actual driving!

Forza is good, but it concentrates on being realistic to much for my liking, PGR on the other hand (which is long gone), was bit more arcade like which was more addictive, and good city tracks like St petersberg, London, New York etc. Plus the old favourites like the Ring etc.
    Last edited by Al; 08-01-2018 at 08:51 PM.

I like my ps4, only interested in smashing out brains though.

Think the 360 of 10 years ago was the peak, games are to complicated and story based now.

I just want to pick it up, smash heads for 30 mins then leave it

Quote Originally Posted by 13 View Post
    I like my ps4, only interested in smashing out brains though.

Think the 360 of 10 years ago was the peak, games are to complicated and story based now.

I just want to pick it up, smash heads for 30 mins then leave it
    Exactly. I used to use my 360 a lot, but I have not even switched it on in over 5 years, so never bothered upgrading!

GTA 5 online is the only game i play. just go on there, kill people until they leave or send me shitty messages get bored and turn it off

Forza and DiRT Rally are both good calls from what I've heard

agree on the 360, used to spend hours on that. upgraded to xbox one and as said to story based and got bored.
    can’t remember the last time either were switched on.
    Dirt is a great game though

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    The problem with the latest generation of driving games is that there is to much fucking about setting a car up rather than actual driving!

Forza is good, but it concentrates on being realistic to much for my liking, PGR on the other hand (which is long gone), was bit more arcade like which was more addictive, and good city tracks like St petersberg, London, New York etc. Plus the old favourites like the Ring etc.
    I loved Project Gotham racing, really good game and the cars seemed to have a nice 'weight' to them as well without all the pissing about of setting a car up.

the original game was a game called metropolis street racer which was a dreamcast game.

personally i own many consoles, nes, master system, mega drive, mega cd, 32x, wii, wii u , xbox 360, xbox one, xbox, ps1, ps2, ps3 probably more of which ive forgotten some.

need to grab a ps4 at some point tho. although i rarely get chance to play them myself. the mega drive was just borrowed off me as my nephew (aged 5) wanted original sonic to play.