Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Work so far

Looks nice mate keep the pics coming

Sorry for the lack of progress, bad weather is stopping me getting anything done but it doesnt stop parts coming through the door to my wifes delight, figured id let you see the stoppers for the front  and let you know once the weather finally gets here ill get updates more regularly posted but for now heres the 4 pots!20180115_172653.jpg20180115_132633.jpg
    Last edited by lumberjack23; 19-02-2018 at 07:15 AM.

20180309_172254.jpg

picked up this 924 steering wheel which mimics the original Wolfsburg wheel and being that the 924 and 944 pretty much raided the parts bin for the mk1 golf will most likely be a direct fit for steering column, still waiting for better weather to get the caddy out, looks like another abysmal weekend here and seeing you guys posting progress is torture, half way through the welding i started filming a little of the progress, going to finish up the sill (when i get the chance) and make sure i get decent footage of that and will try mash something together in a video and post it up for anyone interested.

messed around with some old footage from last year.

Satisfying to watch

Cool video, good work too. Nice

Stuff like this video clip is so helpful to folk with my level of inexperience. Cheers. I wish I'd seen it a year ago.
    I look forward to the next instalment.

I like your work bench. I have to stand at mine which is exhausting at least with yours you get to sit down .
    That’s some nice looking repairs.

Ha Mitty, you would think id have made a bench by this point, working off the floor sucks!

Thank you all for all the feedback, i left a huge amount out and just dropped in snippets as to not make it too boring to watch but tried to include each part of the process, moving forward if any of you have anything you want to see specifically or parts you wish left at normal speed, tools used, settings for machines, or parts i should leave out, if spoken commentary is helpful or the work alone is enough, any advice is welcomed, want to make it as enjoyable to watch as it is to produce.

I'm no professional and completely self taught so please don't take the content as gospel.

That was a good wee vid. Good cos unlike most annoying you tube videos, you aren't a hateful twat babbling for 25 mins with out any action

What did you film it with? How is it connected to your Noggin?

Nice video brother

thanks man, filmed it all from a gopro 3+ silver, for the FPV i had an old welding helmet that i stuck a mount to near the chin and as you can imagine trying to work with it was a pain so gonna have to re think that one, tried using a head strap but the field of view just looked odd.20161010_141612.jpg
    Last edited by lumberjack23; 17-03-2018 at 01:04 PM.

i think the vid was spot on, hate watching really long videos where there's too much talking. more please!

Quote Originally Posted by worthingcaddy View Post
    i think the vid was spot on, hate watching really long videos where there's too much talking. more please!
    2nd that

appreciate the input, thanks guys

The powerfile is a very underated tool I have an Evolution one and its damn handy!

Quote Originally Posted by ScotClayShooter View Post
    The powerfile is a very underated tool I have an Evolution one and its damn handy!
    how do you find the evolution one? the black and decker is ok but on my second now and i have a feeling I'm gonna kill this one too, absolutely underrated

the end floats about a bit, I keep planning adding a screw to press against the tracking to lock it .
    The ability to swivel the end is brilliant though.
    I had a B&D one many years ago thats why i bought the evolution one .
    The cable is cheap and nasty as per every tool they make.

I buy air powered ones for £20 at a time... Think I'm on my 3rd in a few years

Very handy wee tools