Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Work so far

How's the build coming along?

Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    How's the build coming along?
    Slow mate, weathers stopping play at the minute, still got the sill at the back to weld in

suns out episode 3 up

Very nice job! i always learn something from your videos, keep them up! hopefully the weather changes now, it was pretty nice here today!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick-Nack View Post
    Very nice job! i always learn something from your videos, keep them up! hopefully the weather changes now, it was pretty nice here today!
    thanks Nick, makes it worth while if someone takes something from it, first time ive seen the sun this year lol hopefully posts will be more regular now winters out the way

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.F View Post
    looking good mate
    thanks Mike

sounds like grimsby is pretty.. grim

No? ok.. i'll see myself out.

I made a shelter out of some old wood and decking then got a 3 tarpaulins so no water gets in! (gazebo would've been easier, whoops)

20180419_164015.jpg took the day off work to sort out the door reveal, no vids today sorry guys

Any updates LJ?

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    Any updates LJ?
    20180520_104320.jpg

Just the one Elroy, had loads on this last few weeks the mk1 hasn't had a look in but took delivery of the management side of the suspension, so while I am away I am weighing up mounting options, looks like Accuair dont want the CVT tank to be hung from the top so i think ill prototype some brackets to cradle the tank and 3D print them and once they are good have them machined but its all in my head at the moment.

what made you go Accuair over Airlift?

what made you go Accuair over Airlift?
    mainly space, Accuair's endo CVT houses the compressor and valve body all inside the tank, makes it super quiet too.

Ok so its been a while and ill be honest i haven't been working on the shell for weeks but instead working on parts and designs using cad to make pieces to make things work, this weekend however i got chance to go down to the shell mainly to build up the rear end and take dimensions so i could put it into a virtual space to place the air tank and the fuel cell within it

2018-06-10 (2).jpg

wanted the air tank against the bulkhead but space is limited so settling for behind the rear axle

here is the rear end built up

20180609_112950.jpg
    20180609_112904.jpg

and spent a little time in the engine bay with the steering rack from a starlet gt, need to make some spacers to rotate the rack over around 20mm to align it to the column but looks pretty clean

20180609_170513_HDR.jpg

did abit of body work but just tidying up more than anything, so didn't film or photo that, might potentially film the CAD process for the bracket in a time lapse but will see how that turns out will probably be a boring watch but we shall see
    Last edited by lumberjack23; 10-06-2018 at 09:30 PM.

looking good Jack, what length shocks have you gone for with that rear setup?

looking good Jack, what length shocks have you gone for with that rear setup?
    thanks dude, shocks are 501.65mm long

So you’re going down the power steering route LJ?

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    So you’re going down the power steering route LJ?
    Thats the plan, was just gonna leave the standard rack in but its shagged so figured while im there throw PAS at it, just trying to keep it hydraulic and away from electric PAS but will see what room is left once the engine goes in

Quote Originally Posted by lumberjack23 View Post
    Thats the plan, was just gonna leave the standard rack in but its shagged so figured while im there throw PAS at it, just trying to keep it hydraulic and away from electric PAS but will see what room is left once the engine goes in
    From my recollection, a vr has masses of room behind it and not so little at the front.

After this Saturdays jaunt at Santa pod with a pair of nigh on deflated wide slick, I wish I had power steering.