Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Work so far

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    From my recollection, a vr has masses of room behind it and not so little at the front.

After this Saturdays jaunt at Santa pod with a pair of nigh on deflated wide slick, I wish I had power steering.
    Ha i bet! Will have to get down to pod and see that thing rip when your next there

Just about finalized the air tank bracket and had the lower section 3D printed to check fitment

IMG-20180611-WA0004.jpg

whats your trade LJ? loving the 3d printer

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.F View Post
    Yep, 2nd that

By trade im a carpenter, wish id trained as a welder would have come in handy, 3d printing is impressive, should have had it filmed and timelapsed, that small section was 5 hours of printing

The name gave it away lol but with the work you’ve been doing thought I’d ask lol. it’s impressive. is it you 3d printer or a company your using?
    it’s good to see different thought processes on the air suspension as well as when you read magazine articles etc people talk about it but never show the goods if you know what i mean.

The name gave it away lol but with the work you’ve been doing thought I’d ask lol. it’s impressive. is it you 3d printer or a company your using?
    it’s good to see different thought processes on the air suspension as well as when you read magazine articles etc people talk about it but never show the goods if you know what i mean.
    The printer belongs to a friend of mine, i used to do alot of work on his toyota gt86 he uses for drifting so called in a favour, printers are very accesible to the consumer market now retailing from £100 and upwards, the only real limiting factor is the print bed size and knowledge of CAD software to actually design the thing, i think that printer was around £300 and has a bed size 200mm × 200mm and prints upwards of 200mm, the bracket was too tall to fit so cut the digital image short to get the lower section that i need. I know what you mean, theres always a finished product but you dont get to see the process and its always the bits you want to know that you dont get to see