Thread: Caddy sport g60 finally running

Caddy sport g60 finally running

So after constant battles ive finally got the caddy running and this time its the best its ever run no more popping and banging shooting flames. Turns out engine place i used never flushed out fillings after rebore causing bad scoring so flushed it properly myself reglazed bores got them spot on no marks at all. Also different head gasket to match pistons and main problem the valves. Put new schrick valves in with a head skim and she runs beautifully happy fucking days
    Attached Images Attached Images

So it all dun on the road ,you come over ,

On the road pfft i wish mate. Just need to finalise the wiring put fusebox box back finish interior . Get tracking done do brakes again as i have a leak on t piece. Mot and then should be ready but by this time its guna be winter so itl probably be next year now till it sees tarmac again but shes running beautifully tho

Are you come down to redcar July 14,16 we going in the t25

Duno about redcar but .am defo going to tynemouth mouth of the tyne festival next weekend the vw rally is joining up apparently the front street is going to be boxed off with vdubs

Clean and gleam

Got the timing set spot on and then cleaned her up real nice .
    Attached Images Attached Images

What manifold is this running? I’m assuming a mk1 golf four branch from a 1.8 would work? Currently gathering parts

Yeah mate 4branch for mk1 golf 1.8 blocks are pretty much the same so just a bolt on fitment. Only thing I found was it sits close to the uj on steering column

Quote Originally Posted by richiebear View Post
    Yeah mate 4branch for mk1 golf 1.8 blocks are pretty much the same so just a bolt on fitment. Only thing I found was it sits close to the uj on steering column
    Thats the problem, the majority of manifolds are designed for LHD. The best fitting 8v one is An "Ashley" as these were designed for RHD, but these are mild steel only

I don’t mind doing some slight mods just wanted to check they are the same. Thanks

Sure mine was a technix. I just removed the boot on uj so there's no chance of catching fire. As I'm sure I read that this actually happened to one guy. Bet the Ashley one is five times to cost too.