Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TDI immo box ODB2 wiring

TDI immo box ODB2 wiring

Doing a TDI conversion at the moment with a seat engine.

Having problems wiring the immo box in,

It has two connectors - one goes to the transponder ring, no worries there.

The second is a three pin connector.

I think it loops into the ODB loom, but then loops back out via exactly the same 3 pin brown/tan connector.

This connector seems to have a rogue grn/red wire and connector which doesn't appear to fit anywhere.

It's all CE2, I have the complete donor loom and still cannot plug this in anywhere???

The engine fires then dies so it sems to be an immo problem.
    PHOTOBUCKET CAN FUCK RIGHT OFF.

IIRC there should be a 3 and 6 pin connector? I know the 3 pin goes to the reader, the 6 pins are numbered and

1 = Black , connected to a switched 12v

2 = Grey/White, ecu

3 = Grey, Diagnostic plug, changes to a grey and white at the plug end.

4 = Brown, Earth

5 = NA

6 = Brown, earth

Should run for 3 seconds and then die if any issues
    Last edited by vanman; 18-06-2017 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vanman View Post
    IIRC there should be a 3 and 6 pin connector? I know the 3 pin goes to the reader, the 6 pins are numbered and

1 = Black , connected to a switched 12v

2 = Grey/White, ecu

3 = Grey, Diagnostic plug, changes to a grey and white at the plug end.

4 = Brown, Earth

5 = NA

6 = Brown, earth

Should run for 3 seconds and then die if any issues
    Cheers bud.

It's Seat wiring so colours don't match but I can work around that.

The immo is definitely cutting in but that's not the only issue, I think it's fuel but the engine e just needs to run for a bit I hope. Timing was an issue because darkside sold me a flywheel with no TDC mark. WTF.
    I think I got the mark on fairly close. Can I pull the crank sensor out and double check by looking in the hole?
    Anyway I moved the pump in both directions and it just got worse, so must be close.

Keep her ticked over as much as you can get the fuel running through.. sort the wiring to make sure it's all good then it can be eliminated if any issues.. should be able to and darkside are rip offs..

Here's the prob - different number of wires

The three pin plugs into the transponder - no problems there

The eight pin plugs into the loom - and disappears into the seat engine bay loom, except for one red/green wire which breaks back out of the loom to go to this plug

I've got the diag port ODB cable, which has this plug and socket to form a piggyback type assembly

But this cannot be right???

one wire to the two wire socket and I'm now left with two wires in a plug that don't connect to anything - I look the entire loom out of the donor, may have lost a small section somewhere.
    Last edited by regcheeseman; 18-06-2017 at 09:49 AM.

darkside are rip offs..

I did't actually buy the flywheel and clutch, my mate did, I told him not to get it from there and yes he was ripped off

I bought some nozzles from them which were expensive but also seem very good (GIBONTA) however I bought five and received 4, the other turned up no worries but no instructions, took quite a few emails back and forth to get a break pressure setting from them as they were reluctant to tell me how to set them up???

Plan is to get it running more than half a second - may just bypass the fuel solenoid, should run with no electric control....

What you up to anyway reggiebobs?

Right, that brown single pin I'm sure is your k-line.. IIRC should be pin 61 in fuse box..
    Last edited by vanman; 18-06-2017 at 10:24 AM.

Is there no junction box on the fuse box? If so plug that mother in see what happens

Send me the engine code and I'll look it up Reg.

In theory you should only need power and the grey w.white comms for the immob to work
    Alan says: Selling the $hit in the garage pays for new toys

Pin 61? Is there such a thing in ce2?

It's an ahu from a 99 cordoba monkey

Right, that brown single pin I'm sure is your k-line.. IIRC should be pin 61 in fuse box..

It is K-line and did you mean pin 61 on ECU - which on my loom diagram is a black wire which goes to pin 2 on the immo box, pin 8 on the immo box is K-line.....confusing.

Yeah that's right.. pin 61 is K-line and goes into and through immo box (via the loop you described) then into a junction box off the fuse box?

Pin 61 connected to pin 2 of the immob. From pin 7 of the OBD - black multi connector junction attached to the fusebox and a plug out of that junction box to pin 3 of the immob plug.

pin 1 is switched live, pin 2 is ecu pin 61(kcoms) pin 3 is obd wire (normally grey white but different for you) pin 4 earth pin 5 disconnected , pin 6 earth.

Pin 61 connected to pin 2 of the immob. From pin 7 of the OBD - black multi connector junction attached to the fusebox and a plug out of that junction box to pin 3 of the immob plug.

pin 1 is switched live, pin 2 is ecu pin 61(kcoms) pin 3 is obd wire (normally grey white but different for you) pin 4 earth pin 5 disconnected , pin 6 earth.
    I've not got the 6 pin connector - it's an 8 pin

No junction box though? Don't suppose you've a photo or number or model details? I've searched all through ETOS and cannot find anything.

I thought I'd taken everything from the donor but perhaps not????

Can you confirm that you have your k-coms line plugged into 61 on the ECU?

#4 and #5 on the OBD plug are brown ground. #7 on the OBD plug is a grey/white wire that goes to #61 on the ECU, #15 on the OBD plug is a yellow wire that goes to the data link connector wire connector above the fuse/relay panel. #16 on the OBD plug is a red/white wire that goes to fused hot-at-all-times

Can you confirm that you have your k-coms line plugged into 61 on the ECU?

#4 and #5 on the OBD plug are brown ground. #7 on the OBD plug is a grey/white wire that goes to #61 on the ECU, #15 on the OBD plug is a yellow wire that goes to the data link connector wire connector above the fuse/relay panel. #16 on the OBD plug is a red/white wire that goes to fused hot-at-all-times
    I've read that yellow wire is not connected? Any idea where on the fusebox it goes.

With nowhere to plug the connectors I have on the ODB lead, I'm just going to cut them off and splice into the immo box wiring.

Red-Red
    Brown to Brown
    Grey/white - Red/green

I may be able to read from it then? Because I'm pretty sure the immo box is wired properly, just have no comms.

Unfortunately if I do have the immo wired properly, why is it killing the engine, I have the key taped to the transponder but not the right clocks fitted - if that matters?

I'm almost certain you need the original intrument cluster! Just go through the process of elimination tho. Check your earths etc make sure pins are pushed fully into the fuse box / ECU / plugs..

F, G1 and G2 plug grounds I would check first.. but now we know you do not have the 'ORIGINAL' clocks i wood suspect that is the problem!

I have the original clocks and they were plugged in when I first started trying to get it to start.

They are plugged into the original T4 cab loom and the oil light wasn't working so I plugged the T4 clocks in just to get a working oil light.

I have the SEAT interior loom and could swap that in but not all of the switch connections would suit, may have to hybrid the two looms together to get a clockset that works.

With that immo box the clocks wont make any difference, so just stay with the originals. You say the key's taped to the pick up ring, they dont always like that, assuming youve joined the output from the immo box into the k line then try positioning the key as it would be on the car, ideally by fitting the pickup ring to a spare barrel and shoving the key in that.
    That's not gonna happen though, coz your a prick! And I'll stay here just to annoy the fuck out of you.