Thread: Help, water getting into cab

Help, water getting into cab

Hi all, I've just bought my first caddy, wanted one for a while. Stripped the interior as the floor was soaked. Have resolved the leak at the front, which was due to blocked drains below scuttle panel. However, there is water coming in from the bed. There are two drain holes, not sure if these were original, but water is coming in through the hole in the inner sill near where the seat belt connects to the floor just behind the drivers seat. It is pretty rotten. Don't know how to resolve this. Are these drain holes original? If they are, how is water getting into the sill? I would really appreciate any suggestions.

put up some pics so we can see whats going on

As far as we know the drain holes are original, we have just had EXACTLY the same prob with dawn's truck, the water was coming in from the front and the rear wheel arches, you need to remove the plastic front inner wheel arch, we found a 2" square rotten section at the base of the wheel arch and the water was running to the seat runners. We also found a hole at the back wheel arch again the water was running through the inner sill into the cab, the only other suggestion I can make is the joint on the B pillar, I would sit in the truck and get someone to put a hose on the back window to see if the rubber has perished and also at the door to see if water is coming in there. Defo check the bottoms of the wheel arches. Hope this helps

[/URL]
    This was the inner front wheel arch, hidden by the plastic inner wheel arch

When i put a hose over the bed and into the two drainage holes, water runs out of the hole by the seat belt anchor, it is heavily corroded as you can see. I know that the water is supposed to run from the bed into the two holes and out two drainage holes under the truck which are about the size of your fingernail. How do I resolve this? I've seen caddys at shows with all holes in the rear bed welded up. Is this an option in addition to cutting out the rotten metal by the seatbelt anchor and welding in a new piece. I don't want to just do the welding and not seal the holes as this could mean water lying in the sill all the time, rotting from the inside out. There is also a small amount of water getting in through the vents/ rear window seal but I will address this when I eventually take out the rear window for paint. Bottom line, I want to get my caddy water-tight before putting any carpet and sound deadening in. thanks guys
    Attached Images Attached Images

There is normally 6 drainage holes in the bed, and they should go straight through the bed and onto the floor, where are yours going? The drainage holes should not be going anywhere near the sill, can you take a pics of the holes in the bed.

You can see the two larger holes in either corner. There is also a smaller hole in the middle.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The 2 hols about 6inch weld them up if you want the 2 holes in the bed have be put in by some p#### imp weld them up too

The water may not be coming in via the bed - I'll bet money on that.

Your B pillars or inner sills would be where I'd start, then the rear bulkhead. Bet there's very little left of the insides of the B pillars.....
    PHOTOBUCKET CAN FUCK RIGHT OFF.

The b pillars are pretty good, believe it or not this caddy was painted about 5 years ago, will tape up the holes later and get the hose on and see what happens