Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 9K 1.9 TDi daily project of sorts

Quote Originally Posted by 13 View Post
    What's good about UK spec mirrors?
    Opposite to mine in the UK polo 6k have a small mirror on the pasenger side. So I have an lhd mirror on the passenger side so they are both full size mk4 spec
    If you live in the eu it means you have to do the opposite to have mirrors the same size
    Life is just a game we play!!

My build http://www.vwcaddy.com/showthread.ph...er-cover-caddy

Thanks guys!

Yeah i had to get UK spec so i can have symetric sized mirrors left and right. As VW/Seat somehow thought it was a good idea to make the passenger side mirror smaller on all the cars equipped with this "mk4" style of mirror.
    Its a good mirror design, just the original configuration with them looks all cockeyed haha

What! That's a bit silly

Looks dumb like this haha, so to get around that this is the way to go!
    seatibiza99to02_750_500_70.jpg
    seat-ibiza-cupra-1999-03.jpg

So i had a customer car in my workplace yesterday that needed work done to even move it, so coudnt be bothered with it, and no other spots available, so no arch repair done, instead i made some progress on the rear bumper.
    I glued up the holes for the mudflaps it used to have, and got the majority of the nicks and scratches sorted. Been like two years since i did plastic repair regularly, so was kinda fun

IMG_0621.jpg
    IMG_0623.jpg
    IMG_0627.jpg
    IMG_0629.jpg

Looking good Snuff! What's the plan with the inner arch gap. Did you decide on a colour

Thank you

Well, there is no inner arch gap i cut out most of the inner 90 degree bend, slabbed on a bunch of Original VAG structural body glue, and rolled the new arch around all the way using original VAG arch tools meant to be used when changing rear quarter panels on new cars.
    Will get covered in spray on seamsealer from 3M later, will probanly take the whole wheel housing down to bare metal, give it a nice coat of epoxy, and do the whole thing in nice and fresh seamsealer.
    Need to build a new filler neck bracket first, its rusted up, and when i went to the parts guys at work, to order one, it turned out they were discontinued just a couple of months ago.. horrible timing there haha.

Oh, and i'm going for Crimson red to 99.9%

Some fantastic repairs there snuff, is this your line of work?

Just checked the photo out on the pc ( was viewing on my phone) I see what you mean now. Should look stunning in red

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    Some fantastic repairs there snuff, is this your line of work?
    Thank you Yeah i do panelbeating at a VAG dealer

Quote Originally Posted by tontoe View Post
    Just checked the photo out on the pc ( was viewing on my phone) I see what you mean now. Should look stunning in red
    Yeah i love that color, almost looks black in the shade, and really pops in the sun.

Any day now i will get the last bits to do a Audi TT gas cap conversion. And apart from that, the other body mods i'm doing are that im shaving the roof antenna (and adding a stubby sharkfin one in the rear instead), and im shaving the rear wiper and spray nozzle, plus emblems. And i'm doing a door handle conversion, one wich i doubt anyone has ever done before

What door handle conversion are you going for

Golf mk7, i have been collecting the parts for it for a while, and now i have it all.
    I have saved any useful bits left over when changing doors on mk7's and some skodas and seats who uses the same handle. So havent cost me a dime

Oh and another guy at work changed a door on a 6k2 recently, super rare that we work on cars this old, but anyway, a new door seal had been ordered for it, but you never have to change those, so i got it for the caddy for free

This came in today, now i have two TT flaps, and two wires... Bought a full set years ago including a aftermarket weld in peice of metal (that are NLA now), that i welded into my mk2 golf, and that peice was kinda pointless to try and save.
    And the only scrapyards i found with TT's you either werent allowed to cut body parts due to fire risk, or they had no electricity for corded power tools, and thats all i have. So i had to buy a full set again from eBay haha, but at least this was super cheap so no biggie, at least i have backup parts right? :P
    IMG_0806.jpg

The arch is fully welded and Epoxy primed now. No pics of it yet.
    The road tax and MOT both run out now in december, so if everything goes to plan, i can take it out of traffic, and garage it before that, and pick up a ibiza/cordoba/polo classic as a winter beater, that i can break for parts in the spring.
    And do as much work as possible to the caddy during the winter. just hope i can get a spot in my dads garage for it. As garage space around here is hard to get, and quite expensive due to that.

I do enjoy this thread, it’s satisfying watching somebody do things neatly

Too right! I'm on to the bodywork next! Luckily the UCC is pretty good so won't need that much. It has inspired me to do a few little mods body wise

Thanks

Got some primer on the rear bumper
    IMG_0828.JPG

IMG_0830.JPG

Got a sweet deal on a brand new original left side mirror
    Screenshot_7.jpg
    last week i got a free housing for it too, and i already have brand new glass