Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Swainys Mk2 caddy van no2

Photobucket really ruined part of this build Rob!
    Is Lee going to sort you out a map?

I know it's really annoying. At least it's now pretty easy to get pics on here.
    Not yet. He said he doesn't do just chips to go into a socket anymore, he solders them as he says it's better. Which means spending more money for a full ecu.
    He also hasn't done alot with the size of injectors I've got so wants to look into it a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by swainy View Post
    Not yet. He said he doesn't do just chips to go into a socket anymore, he solders them as he says it's better. Which means spending more money for a full ecu.
    He also hasn't done alot with the size of injectors I've got so wants to look into it a bit.
    Soldering in is a pain if you want to map it again
    Have a word with Ryan he's not cheap but you will get a accurate and bespoke map
    Life is just a game we play!!

My build http://www.vwcaddy.com/showthread.ph...er-cover-caddy

Yer my ecu has already been rocketed so just wanted a chip to plug in. Everyone raves about the bloke on eBay but I've messaged him loads on there with no reply. Text him got a reply but replied back and since had nothing, I only want a chip for now until i can sort fitting the other turbo, then ill want a proper rolling road map.

Generic map will be shite loads of smoke and a fake bhp figure! I would just leave.as is and get it mapped on a rolling road properly when your ready

utterly pointless not supplying chips to fit in sockets...
    My local rolling road guy wont do it either....
    I understood he had a map for the bigger injectors and had done some on the rolling road recently....

He socketed my ecu but only supplies generic maps.
    i had a fair job getting him to supply me with the 140 map for the asv engine. he wasnt keen .
    I must get around to getting my one tested just to see what its actually doing.
    Keep waiting for a group day where the RR is much cheaper but im never able to make those so far....

Yer I might just wait. It's just annoying knowing I've got more power available but no-one seems to want to help out.
    I've tried contacting a local rolling road to me but no-one ever gets back to me. They apparently charge £30 for 3 runs.
    Trouble is with me when I've a spare bit of cash I want to spend it on tuning the van. But if I can't get what I want in a few days I end up spending it on shit. Hence why I have drones and rc cars that are just sat in the spare room not used.
    Last edited by swainy; 26-11-2017 at 09:05 PM.

The ucc has had over 60 dyno runs to get to where I am now! I Can't wait for more power lol
    Last edited by tontoe; 27-11-2017 at 06:31 PM.

£80 for a power run in inverness....
    then £66 for the next time...

Maybe the PD conversion has a big bonus when it comes to mapping.....

Hell I bet that's some cash alone on dyno runs.
    Yer I think a pd would be easier for mapping and maybe power.

No the price is all part of mapping!! I refuse to go PD !! It's a sell out !!!!!
    The big issue with any high power diesel is the transmission over 200 up you will still need big money clutch lsd 02m conversion!!! Going PD isn't going to help with that !!!
    Last edited by tontoe; 26-11-2017 at 11:18 PM.

According to google im 400 miles or 7 hours of driving to darkside each way... My local guy can map a PD ....
    that would be each time i needed anything tweaked.
    I dont quite understand how a pd is a sell out?

They are not the cheapest of engines to get much past 200 either though.
    I do note one of the guys who has done the conversion has said if using an alh gearbox and shafts it could be done in a weekend.
    maybe if going up from an sdi i would go that route but ive already fitted a low milage fsh ASV i think 30-40 more hp would be quite enough. 170-180 is the target.
    theres maps floating about for that target with .216s and the pd150 turbo.

Meant It's a sell out for me. As I have spent a lot of time and effort pushing the alh. Not saying PD is a bad Idea the main problem is the gearbox so fitting a pd wont help that.
    Dont understand why your mapping guy can do pd but not a ve engine if he is doing custom mapping
    Last edited by tontoe; 27-11-2017 at 06:30 PM.

Thanks.
    Vans had a bit of love the past week. Fitted new bottom arms as the bushes had decided to kind of die. Had a knocking for a while. 1 bush had no rubber left.
    Attachment 31194
    Been having a measure up and deciding on bits for the rear air ride. Set about tonight machining the bush holder for the panhard bar and getting it tacked up.
    Mittys popping over tomorrow after work so we can get some sort of plan set in stone.

Attachment 31195Attachment 31196
    I can't wait to see the 4 link coming together

you and me both! thats a reply to the local guy mapping and the 4 link setup!

I went for the ASV due to the under piston oil spray. That and the fact it was only £100...took nearly a full day to fix the wiring after removing the cobbled in AHU. That shut down at 3000rpm it used to be a balancing act of keeping it just under 80 or key off key on which was interesting in the dark lol

Yer my target is about 200bhp. I think once I'm there I'll be happy. Then want to focus on turboing the mk2. Though I did have thoughts of selling It today and putting the money into a engine build for the van.

Hopefully get started on the 4 link this week. Had to put a sill on the father in-laws van tonight. Piece of shit rusty Ford.

Bit of progress tonight. Started making some mounting plates ready to weld onto the axle.
    Next will be to strip my spare axle down and clean it up. Probably don't make a lot of sense to many of you, but we all like pics.

20171129_210524.jpg 20171129_190457.jpg

Decided the other day in my wisdom or stupidity to fit 280mm rear discs to the van.
    As I'm doing a load of fab work on the rear axle what's a extra little bit.
    Have had a set of mk4 rear axle cuts that had calipers etc on under my bench. Got them stripped and chopped the mounting bracket for the caliper carriers off. Bolted this up behind the stub on the caddy axle with the 280mm front disc I removed a few weeks ago.
    Also remembered I had a set of front caliper carriers under the bench, dragged them out and hey presto. They fit pretty much bang on.
    Now just need to work out handbrake calipers.
    Anyone any ideas on a separate mechanical caliper assembly?

20171206_191205.jpg20171206_191130.jpg