Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Elroy's ' big turbo' build, part III

no...

Says it all !

Cider or lager?

Glad to see your back, going to be fun building that. Looking forward to the progress.

Nice little delivery from R-tek....

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    Says it all !

Cider or lager?
    lager, stella to be precise. to be fair, my question wasn't that bad. just a little drawn out haha

Yaaay,not sure what went on,haven't really been part of it,but nice to see "harmony" of sorts has been restored to the good ol caddy forum

Get on with it Elroy

Nice one on the TIG. Looking forward to seeing how you pick it up (out of curiosity for my self!)

13 empty your inbox, I tried messaging you.

Intriguing.....

Quote Originally Posted by 13 View Post
    Intriguing.....
    I wouldnt like to be in your shoes
    That's not gonna happen though, coz your a prick! And I'll stay here just to annoy the fuck out of you.

if thats true, ive bought that full afr kit for nowt and all i needed was just a gauge. Are you running wideband then Ant?
    Its an LSU sensor so both will fit, so when one goes tits up [the sensor] you can fit the other one, so u have a spare, right?

Quote Originally Posted by skip0pot2mus View Post
    Its an LSU sensor so both will fit, so when one goes tits up [the sensor] you can fit the other one, so u have a spare, right?
    Yes, of course! I thought I'd get it for spares..

you've got 2 sensors but you've also got two controllers...

Quote Originally Posted by worthingcaddy View Post
    you've got 2 sensors but you've also got two controllers...
    Are they both compatible with each other Ant?

Are they both compatible with each other Ant?
    There is no "controller" with the MTX gauge, just the gauge and the LSU.

There's no way around sharing the LSU either, since they measure the current, not voltage.

However they might be compatible with the fly lead, tho I doubt it.

Just install another o2 bung
    Last edited by skip0pot2mus; 18-09-2016 at 01:19 PM.

There is no "controller" with the MTX gauge, just the gauge and the LSU.

There's no way around sharing the LSU either, since they measure the current, not voltage.

However they might be compatible with the fly lead, tho I doubt it.

Just install another o2 bung
    Can you explain all that in numpty language please skippy

ohhh i see what you're saying, eery went full fancy with that gauge then. i've got an LC2 which looks to be a similar thing as the emerald controller that elroy has, hence the confusion. i'm there now haha cheers skippo

Which bit?

The current sensing gauge or another o2 bung in the exhaust?

The MTX is a direct digital meter, so there's no need for any "controller", as far as I can tell, the controller for your ECU is basically a converter, will control the current pump inside the o2 sensor, then convert the current into a voltage, and send that to the ECU. I guess cos the ECU is old tech and used to seeing narrowband voltages. The controller will convert the current data into useable voltage data for the ECU to process.

Wideband is measured by pump current, basically the module sends a current to a micro air pump inside the o2 sensor, pushing or pulling exhaust gasses into a "cell" in an attempt to maintain stoic. You can't measure current unless you tap into the circuit in series, which, you can't with these modules, so you can't have two modules intercepting the same current [AMPS]

The only way is for one module to interpret the data into a universally recognised format and then transmit the data across a network.

I think Innovate products can share this data, however other brands won't be compatible.

RE another o2 bung, just have one welded in directly downstream from the ECU one, or just do away with it I mean, if you get a good MAP, then you won't really be looking at the AFR gauge except your friends who will go "ooooo, what's this mean?" when you drive down to the shops for milk.
    Last edited by skip0pot2mus; 18-09-2016 at 03:16 PM.

Which bit?

The current sensing gauge or another o2 bung in the exhaust?

The MTX is a direct digital meter, so there's no need for any "controller", as far as I can tell, the controller for your ECU is basically a converter, will control the current pump inside the o2 sensor, then convert the current into a voltage, and send that to the ECU. I guess cos the ECU is old tech and used to seeing narrowband voltages. The controller will convert the current data into useable voltage data for the ECU to process.

Wideband is measured by pump current, basically the module sends a current to a micro air pump inside the o2 sensor, pushing or pulling exhaust gasses into a "cell" in an attempt to maintain stoic. You can't measure current unless you tap into the circuit in series, which, you can't with these modules, so you can't have two modules intercepting the same current [AMPS]

The only way is for one module to interpret the data into a universally recognised format and then transmit the data across a network.

I think Innovate products can share this data, however other brands won't be compatible.

RE another o2 bung, just have one welded in directly downstream from the ECU one, or just do away with it I mean, if you get a good MAP, then you won't really be looking at the AFR gauge except your friends who will go "ooooo, what's this mean?" when you drive down to the shops for milk.
    Thanks skippy, thats explained well. Like Al said in the old turbo thread, the AFR gauge tells you a lot and can constantly give you piece of mind that all's well.

So have you done owt? Or still waiting on all the parts bud?

Quote Originally Posted by DMF666 View Post
    So have you done owt? Or still waiting on all the parts bud?
    Still waiting on all the stuff to arrive before I start anything Damian.