Page 2 of 83 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 1654

Thread: Elroy's ' big turbo' build, part III

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    2,125
    And stop talking about toilets and get on with it

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Agartha
    Posts
    10,303
    This ain't about how posh the pool is that you drop the kids off to!

    Btw Batesie, please don't take that text message last night the wrong way. I noticed you never replied.
    BUT you're back on here so I'm guessing it made you think...

    Ps, I like your style with the spend spend spend shite. I'd love to join you but my family are too busy doing all the spending!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    13,793
    Quote Originally Posted by notenoughtime View Post
    I missed what went on but I will be watching and putting my pennies worth in as you go!

    Make sure it gets finished
    NNNNOOOOOOOOOOO Whatever you do dont pass any comments, just say 'yes Elroy'
    That's not gonna happen though, coz your a prick! And I'll stay here just to annoy the fuck out of you.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Kendal,Cumbria
    Posts
    1,646
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 View Post
    not if your keep deleting threads!!!



    I'm 99% sure that's not true. and 99% positive most people don't actually have the experience that you need, nobody that i'm aware of builds or designs reliable twice the stock hp motors on here for a living, but some like slim have been down the road and actually done it

    just don't do a numbers and give up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    I know but slim doesn't really come on here a lot.
    I'm on here most days lurking about

    The problem is the only advice I can give is pretty much VR6 related, I've no mechanical back ground and everything I've done has been trial and error or researched.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    5,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_T View Post
    NNNNOOOOOOOOOOO Whatever you do dont pass any comments, just say 'yes Elroy'
    Cock! so you obviously didnt read today's initial post very well then.
    Last edited by Elroy; 15-09-2016 at 06:32 PM.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,283
    Don't be put off by negative comments and naysayers.Do what you want to do.I was told while building my VR6 in 2003,it won't fit,you wont be able to wire it,it will rip out its mountings,the handling will be shite etc etc.As there were no A1 platform VR6's around at the time.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    5,008
    Today's deliveries

    Mamba tek oil/ coolant lines



    Innovate AFR gauge



    Emerald k6 Ecu



    Emerald wideband lambda controller kit, map sensor and 3map rotary switch.

    Last edited by Elroy; 15-09-2016 at 06:52 PM.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    5,008
    Seems cards on on the table and everything, I told you a fib coz I didn't want the abuse........but I actually bought this and came yesterday and it's not borrowed.....'go for it girls, fill your boots!!

  9. #29
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    13,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    Morning people, well I've managed to pick up my toys that were thrown. Getting back on the horse brushing myself down and ready to face the barage of abuse...... So let's have it.

    Just a few things girls first.

    A) a stainless manifold WILL be made by me, whether it cracks or looks shit
    the gearbox will be stripped serviced and lsd installed by me
    C) the injectors will be calculated to whatever the tuning companies recommend, not coz your mate has them in his 'cozzie'
    D) I will spend more money, coz I can
    E) I will take advice from people who know what they're talking about, race engineers/ tuning companies are not usually wrong
    F) if I blow it up, I'll just rebuild it.
    G) why assume what practical things I can and can't do.

    I don't want to hear ' you can't or it won't' unless it's backed with good hard emperical evidence.

    And finally, I am doing my homework.... I've learnt lots, probably a lot more than you think..... Why!!!

    Coz it's not fucking rocket science!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    Cock! so you obviously didnt read today's initial post very well then.
    Yes, I read it and as best I understand it you're going to do what you want regardless of whether there's cheaper or more effective ways of doing something and that any advice to the contrary is only permitted to come from race car engineers and/or tuning companies. Where this qualification isnt met then a detailed report along with computer models and/or bench testing must be submitted. Further to this you aren't building a rocket powered car, though we did kind of know that anyway.

    Oh and please refrain from name calling, not that I care but it's not really cricket to spaz out if you're on the receiving end but expect to dish it out.
    That's not gonna happen though, coz your a prick! And I'll stay here just to annoy the fuck out of you.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    5,008
    Sorry love, thats just my grammar! i'm just a plumber after all. Now can we just be friends again, as this is getting boring.

    yes i agree that e) sounded wrong in every way and its been deleted, i knew what i meant when i wrote but it came out terrible.
    Last edited by Elroy; 15-09-2016 at 07:12 PM.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    worthing
    Posts
    4,491
    ohhhhh shiny bits, what does the emerald wideband bit do? i've just got a innovate gauge and lc2 controller. it is wired into the K6 though, not sure what the difference is. and a wig welder, awesome wish i had one to play with

  12. #32
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    13,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    Sorry love, thats just my grammar! i'm just a plumber after all. Now can we just be friends again, as this is getting boring.
    The thing is, what I wrote the other night was actually meant sincerely but you took it completely out of context and said I smelt of cheese.
    That's not gonna happen though, coz your a prick! And I'll stay here just to annoy the fuck out of you.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    5,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_T View Post
    The thing is, what I wrote the other night was actually meant sincerely but you took it completely out of context and said I smelt of cheese.
    can we just call a truce then please!

  14. #34
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    13,793
    Yes but for the record I dont smell of cheese (I do a bit sometimes)
    That's not gonna happen though, coz your a prick! And I'll stay here just to annoy the fuck out of you.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    5,008
    Quote Originally Posted by worthingcaddy View Post
    ohhhhh shiny bits, what does the emerald wideband bit do? i've just got a innovate gauge and lc2 controller. it is wired into the K6 though, not sure what the difference is. and a wig welder, awesome wish i had one to play with
    if thats true, ive bought that full afr kit for nowt and all i needed was just a gauge. Are you running wideband then Ant?

  16. #36
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    1,619
    Glad to see you back Elroy.

    Can't wait to see what you get done

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    5,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_T View Post
    Yes but for the record I dont smell of cheese (I do a bit sometimes)
    Nice!

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    worthing
    Posts
    4,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    if thats true, ive bought that full afr kit for nowt and all i needed was just a gauge. Are you running wideband then Ant?
    haha could be the case, fuck it after the money you've spent wouldn't make a difference anyway. the gauges on their own are expensive! how did you know emerald sell that? my innovate one has shit itself anyway...still haven't got round to checking the wiring though. how much was it/how does it wire into the emerald?

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    5,008
    Quote Originally Posted by worthingcaddy View Post
    haha could be the case, fuck it after the money you've spent wouldn't make a difference anyway. the gauges on their own are expensive! how did you know emerald sell that? my innovate one has shit itself anyway...still haven't got round to checking the wiring though. how much was it/how does it wire into the emerald?
    Ant i didnt understand a word of that, are you on the sauce?

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    5,008
    Quote Originally Posted by fuus View Post
    Glad to see you back Elroy.

    Can't wait to see what you get done
    Itll be all done by April mate, the red rocket!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •