Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Buelligan!

Just had a good look at it again, last night I had my beer goggles on.

it does look good and very striking

I think it'd looked better all in satin black though

maybe, but I dislike black, it kills lines and shows very little imagination.....

Besides this is just a temporary job, buying the blue bodywork has allowed me to take the old bodywork off and get it painted during the summer months when it's a bit warmer and still have a bike to ride.

The "vauxhall owner trying a bit to hard" colour scheme isn't usually to my taste but it looks nice there!

Good to see u r still alive. How's the new job going?

Tyres a bit too round lookin'

How's the bike going?

Saw a ccm Spitfire a week ago, was wondering what u bikers would make of that! Kinda liked it

CCM spitfire looks good to me, though cafe racer/flat trackers are VERY de rigeur at the moment, a bit hipster and very SCENE - therefore all the really cool bikers won't like it because anti-scene.

My Buell is quite fine ta - it got some fresh sticky rubber fitted, thrashed the chicken strips off it on the Bude road (ask Dubmonkey) and now it has 'woo awesome rider' tyres I wont ride it anymore as they'll flat off and I'll be ridiculed as a pussay.

quite tempted to sell it and buy a merc though...then sell that.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 View Post
    How's the bike going?

Saw a ccm Spitfire a week ago, was wondering what u bikers would make of that! Kinda liked it
    Quote Originally Posted by regcheeseman View Post
    CCM spitfire looks good to me, though cafe racer/flat trackers are VERY de rigeur at the moment, a bit hipster and very SCENE - therefore all the really cool bikers won't like it because anti-scene.

My Buell is quite fine ta - it got some fresh sticky rubber fitted, thrashed the chicken strips off it on the Bude road (ask Dubmonkey) and now it has 'woo awesome rider' tyres I wont ride it anymore as they'll flat off and I'll be ridiculed as a pussay.

I spoke to what was probably one of the directors at CCM at the Festival of Speed.

They had 3 bikes there, the Spitfire, Scrambler & Cafe Racer and they all looked good.

The frames have all been nicely tig welded and then clear coated in a smokey clear colour so you can still see the rainbow effect from the welds which is a night touch.

All the bikes had Husvarna motors, but said they are now looking into building their own engines.

They only made 150 spitfires and they are all sold.

I would certainly ride one as they are different from the norm.

Thats where I saw them!

Quote Originally Posted by 13 View Post
    Thats where I saw them!
    Fuck me, that's a long way south for you. That's the equivalent of me going to Spain lol

Quote Originally Posted by regcheeseman View Post

Lol Pussy!

Yeah it's a long way but totally worth it-so much awesome in a single spot.

Saw a nice old classic speedway bike the other week too. I know brakes might be an issue, but could you convert one to road manners?

I guess gearing maybe another issue