Thread: Jango's 2nd attempt......

Threaded View

Jango's 2nd attempt......

So, I raised the white flag on my last project after a few visits from a few folk who knew me, my abilities and the extent of the rot in the shell I bought. It was clearly Blind Faith.

So, as luck would have it a nice caddy came up for grabs only 5 miles down the road. 1 owner from new, 180k engine swapped from a petrol to a diesel when it was 4 years old due to rediculous fuel consumption. The engine was rebuilt 75k ago. Only minor rust as it has been keenly kept in order by the engine machinist who owned it and the mechanic that has looked after it since new. It's had loads of new bits whenever needed but it was a work truck for carrying around engine blocks and heads. Needless to say, the bed has been patched many times over the years and this may be the best place for me to start.
    It drives great and has just passed its mot.
    Behold!!! ( sorry about the upside down issue, I'm almost positive that the world was the right way up when I took the photos)
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Not sure where to start but I think the bed needs investigating as it has 26 years of repair panels to remove....
    Last edited by Jango; 24-08-2016 at 12:31 PM.