Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: My Caddy Project

yeah that's it, just try and take the positives from it. they are more than likely pissed off all the time for whatever reason anyway and clearly spend their spare time throwing shit at cars to try and make themselves feel better. fuck em and move on.

I can''t believe any fuckwit in their right mind would be throwing stones at passing cars, if they're really having that much trouble fit triple glazed windows or turn the fucking tv up.

There's no point lowering yourself to their level and you never know their house could get struct by lightning tonight and get reduced to ashes.

Cheers for the advice guys haha, anyway so other day my new exhaust tip came, the dub power system thats on it is perfect but its all tucked away underneath so I wanted to add a little something to show off and look a bit smarter

IMG_2802.jpg

so stuck it on a brick, think i want it just poking out the middle like this..

IMG_2805.jpg

luckily my dads mate makes race car exhausts for a living and said he'd put some bends in for me so i'll get a pic up when its done and maybe get a video on youtube of the sound.

after thats done there's not much else planned until winter when am gonna get the engine out, try re-locate a few things and get the engine and bay painted up. Also been looking for someone to make me a full length carbon scuttle tray as well. Loads of ideas anyway haha, will keep you all updated!
    Last edited by Petr0lHed; 14-12-2016 at 10:53 PM.

Few updates on the old girl..

Took the caddy out on thursday night down to my dads mate at OJZ engineering. I showed him my tip (dirty boy) and he called me a fucking tart ahahaha. I explained where i wanted it and left it with him, picked it up friday and this is the finished result! Im sure some wont approve but im well chuffed with it

IMG_3349.jpg

Ive took a video which i'll probs put on youtube, but if you have instagram you can find it on there, just search benmk1_ and you'll find me! In other news autoglass came out on saturday with a spanking new screen . The old screen never came out when it was sprayed but when he took it out it was actually very solid underneath, there was a few patches where it was starting to go so i sanded them a bit and painted some rust converter stuff on it then a bit of primer just to try and stop it getting any worse. The screens in now and looks much better, £75 on excess which isnt bad but its £75 i shouldnt have to spend thanks to the knob rots down the road, anyway onwards and upwards!

Also Bought a belting up/down engine lift of a farmer for £100, so this winter the engine bay is going to get some love I'll probably need help with some things haha so i'll be back on here soon with some more updates and questions!

Fart cannon!

Barry as fuck.

Looked much better before.

It's gonna give the stone throwers more incentive too. I'd drive a different way home.
    Last edited by regcheeseman; 17-10-2016 at 01:49 PM.

Each to their own When i grow out of it then hes only down the road so he wont mind changing it up haha, and ah well they'll get more than a caution if they do it again
    Last edited by Petr0lHed; 17-10-2016 at 01:54 PM.

I quite like it

Epic fail on the stone flinging!! cunts!!!!

Cheers 13 and hahahaha i know total bellends!!

nothing new with the truck atm, nearly time for me to put it away again and start doing bits though. As for the moment i've decided to have a crack at doing my BBS. The guy i was talking to about doing them is ignoring me haha so gonna give it a go myself. My dads mate was forced to give up his unit and didnt want to sell all his gear just yet.......so we now have a free sandblaster for a while! We got it rigged up with the compressor other day and ive been gettin busy..

IMG_3434.jpg

IMG_3435.jpg

pretty chuffed with the finish, was worried the media was gonna be too harsh on them but its fairly smooth. Took about an hour to get every last bit but beats sanding by hand any day

also bought two new dishes from germany, went for 2.5", which will mean i'll be running 8J front, 8.5J rear which should look mega, had to have a quick look..

IMG_3436.jpg

hopefully i make a decent job of them, just need to sort the compressor out before i can do the rest because its started leaking and wont fill up
    Last edited by Petr0lHed; 18-11-2016 at 08:45 AM.

A bit more progress for you all..

pretty much got all the wheels painted up, just gotta finish the last one off then get myself a couple of new tyres and build them up, heres one with everything painted:

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

gonna leave the hex part chrome and clean all my bolts up and put them together. Now ive been reading about putting them together regarding sealant and i need to know, is it torque bolts first then apply sealant, or sealant then torque the bolts?? ive seen people saying both ways on different sites etc so just need an answer really!

Anyway i gave one a test fit on saturday..

IMG_3967.jpg

think the red drums need to go, even if it they do add 15bhp

IMG_3962.jpg

As you can see they poke a bit! When it goes to Elliot at low life chop shop to do my air setup, we're gonna have a shorter beam to bring them in! many thanks to Mitty for recommending him

From the back

IMG_3961.jpg

These bad boys also turned up, I made use of the cyber monday sales from Slam Sanctuary!

IMG_4023.jpg

The profit on these must be ridiculous. Its going in on saturday, just waiting on some gauges to turn up to read the pressure. Found a kit online with a pair of really nice ones which im going to get mounted in the centre console somewhere, nice n discreet

FullSizeRender(1).jpg

Other than that, nothing else to report. The engine bay is being put off while the air is fitted so im going to tackle that at a later date. The next update will probably be the caddy aired out which is exciting shtuff

Quote Originally Posted by Petr0lHed View Post
    Cheers for the advice guys haha, anyway so other day my new exhaust tip came, the dub power system thats on it is perfect but its all tucked away underneath so I wanted to add a little something to show off and look a bit smarter

IMG_2802.jpg

so stuck it on a brick, think i want it just poking out the middle like this..

IMG_2805.jpg

luckily my dads mate makes race car exhausts for a living and said he'd put some bends in for me so i'll get a pic up when its done and maybe get a video on youtube of the sound.

after thats done there's not much else planned until winter when am gonna get the engine out, try re-locate a few things and get the engine and bay painted up. Also been looking for someone to make me a full length carbon scuttle tray as well. Loads of ideas anyway haha, will keep you all updated!

Shit man I've drove tanks with littler exhausts than that LOL

Quote Originally Posted by sandancer View Post
    Shit man I've drove tanks with littler exhausts than that LOL
    yeah its a bit rude boy, I like the style but im thinking about finding a smaller one haha

hello mate,
    out of interest what setup are you going with on the rear?
    i have the same fronts and there a quality bit of kit for the money.
    regards
    Mike

Hi Mike, the guy its going to is building me a complete rear setup with radius arms, new bushes, Firestone bags and brackets and then a panhard system. The front struts are quality though you're right!

be interesred to see it when its done mate.

if you go on his facebook profile low life chop shop, im pretty sure he has pictures of the setup on his old caddy! Very nice bloke and top work too!

Yeah have a word with him Mike, hes a sound dude and has done a few caddy's now so will deffo be able to help you in some way!

I'll be fabricating my own coping the eurowise kit. The set up is not to dissimilar to what we use link wise on my mates race car. it's just nice to see how other people do it.
    people stick it on and then never show you how they achieved it.
    Last edited by Mike.F; 19-12-2016 at 08:48 AM.

Nice one man, yeah when mines back i'll be putting a couple pics up

I'm glad Eliot is sorting you out he is a top bloke. I've been watching the progress on his fb page.