Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: My Caddy Project

Havent been on in a while so will carry this on a bit

ran about in the caddy looking like this until about march time this year before it went to be properly painted

Caddy.jpg

ft that nice 16v badge i got off ebay, doesnt stay in the grille great so need to find a better way to attach it

In that time i also got a rollpan on it, and put a little plate light in it too

C49FED21-128D-4C18-816E-47053F523D5B.jpg

9E0A43E2-E56A-4DAD-B4B2-88B8C975B9BC (1).jpg

Also got a nice Momo Competition wheel off my uncle, didnt come with a boss so i bought a cheap-ish one off ebay which i regret because it squeeks a bit, maybe should of got original Momo

FullSizeRender.jpg

Then finally i bought these mint RM's off Fisherman, kindly brought a bit closer to home by Jimbo!! Since having them i did a quick colour change on them to match the new paint (which i will show shortly!) but i plan on sending them off to be properly done. Im thinking completely matte black with chrome bolts as i like the mean look of the banded steels and want to keep the caddy looking slightly aggressive..

A614CD5E-BF30-421A-BEFE-0DEE49E76194 (1).jpg

so i went to see it as soon as he said the paint was on and i was over the moon

IMG_2249.jpg

It wasnt a full respray as im going to to do the engine bay at a later date, and maybe replace the bed too if ive got any dollar left

then a week later i picked it up..which turned into a nightmare! I went straight from the body shop to the MOT centre as that had ran out whilst it was in there. It was only a short drive which was good and i turned up to the center where the guy took the keys off me and went to start the test. I told him to be careful as its very low, with the sump only being about 3 or 4 inches off the floor. He said yeah yeah and got in, then i watched him plough straight into the rollers with a big bang, followed by the painful sound of liquid hitting the floor he'd managed to puncture the sump so he took it off and my dad took it to his mate to weld it up as he nor i can TIG weld. We got it back on the next day, got it MOT'd and finally got it home safe!

IMG_2360.jpg

Nice colour,"those wheels suit "

Did they give you the MOT, FOC in respect of the damage they caused ?

Looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
    Nice colour,"those wheels suit "

Did they give you the MOT, FOC in respect of the damage they caused ?
    Thanks! theres a pic from a recent show where they look awesome. And no they didnt unfortunately, bit of a piss take.
    Last edited by Petr0lHed; 08-09-2016 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by notenoughtime View Post
    Looks great!
    Thankyou mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Petr0lHed View Post
    Also got a nice Momo Competition wheel off my uncle, didnt come with a boss so i bought a cheap-ish one off ebay which i regret because it squeeks a bit, maybe should of got original Momo
    I got a ebay one - absolute tosh. got a momo one on my rado - 1000000% better.

Paint looks great and fucking LOL at teh MOT dick!! what a fudd.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 View Post
    got a momo one on my rado - 1000000% better.
    Get what you pay for dont you, looks like i'll be getting one in the near future. And yeah i couldnt believe it haha

Cheese Cart Cunt

Alan says: Selling the $hit in the garage pays for new toys

Now who's the cunt??

Posted a Reggie flame pic on the next thread I viewed.
    Alan says: Selling the $hit in the garage pays for new toys

wtf

Where are your front indicators? Are they strategically hidden behind the grill or something?

Quote Originally Posted by andyscaddy View Post
    Where are your front indicators? Are they strategically hidden behind the grill or something?
    Yeah theyre behind the grill, i had my doubts about doing that but after seeing what other people have done at shows etc its not the worst setup out there

Almost caught up to present day haha..

So once it was back from paint i had about 2 weeks to get some stuff done before a show in Newcastle called Kulturschock. First thing i did was put in some fresh new door seals and trim

IMG_2420.jpg

Followed by those clear aftermarket rear lights, which look loads better with the new paint

IMG_2377.jpg

Then the following weekend i went to visit my mate in Leeds and we dropped by VW festival on the sunday, where i found a guy from VanLiner with a little stall where i got a 2m x 1m roll of black carpet with some adhesive for £20 to do the bulkhead. I also got to druel over dentman's R32 caddy

A few days later the seats came out as did the seatbelts, then i had to sit and think how i was gonna do this haha. I ended up dragging my mum out to give me a hand lol. I measured it, and chalked out a basic template, then used a stanley and some scissors to trim the edges. I didnt do it all in one, i did the back then the sides up to the headliner separate, and it turned out really good.. (not the best pic)

IMG_2554.jpg

Then came the quick colour change of the BBS, went with BMW arctic silver..didnt turn out too bad

IMG_2520.jpg

ready for Kulturschock!!
    Last edited by Petr0lHed; 08-09-2016 at 09:05 PM.

so some more pics n stuff..

forgot to add, before the show i managed to find some rubber van matting for the back. Got it from FloorMatsUK, only two options for width so got 120cm, but length you can get what you want so got a nice piece to fit straight in - only £36 too! (had to trim a bit for the arches and used some sealant to keep it down)

IMG_2503.jpg

So had a sweet drive up to Newcastle and got parked up in my spot, felt great being accepted into my first show and shine, big up to the girl parked next to me who let me borrow her cleaning products haha here's my favourite pic from the weekend, took by one of their photographers

IMG_2630.jpg

being one of those daft young lads in the scene who wears his hat the wrong way round, i want it lower haha..thinking about air-ride

looks superb petrolhead, well done

are you off to doncaster vw fest this weekend?

Thanks Elroy! Unfortunately not no which is a shame cos its so close, im off racing instead

Now, in this episode of bad luck benji we have some more damage to the caddy

IMG_2607.jpg

There's a couple more chips on the windscreen and then some slight damage to the paint as well which is gutting. This was just over a week ago so we're basically up to present day now haha, but here's the story..

So i went out for drive one night and literally about a mile from my house i was greeted with a handful of stones out of nowhere, majority hit the windscreen and bounced over luckily but i drove a bit further and pulled up to check and grasp what the fuck just happened. I went straight home, told my dad and we pulled up to the house where it happened. Was met by a woman and when i asked if theyve been throwing stones i got the reply "well we're sick of cars and bikes driving past at 100mph!!" so basically, yes. Being a national speed limit road i was doing 50, maybe 55 as theres a 3rd gear corner before their house so wasnt tanking on, but they seem to think i was doing twice that lol. Then her fella come out and said "come by my house like that again you little c*nt and i'll rip your fucking head off" how nice. He was opening his gates to let his dogs on us so we left n called the police, i went to see them last week and theyve cautioned him but thats about it, so im gonna get myself a new screen and speak to the painter at some point as well. Obviously i want payback but might not be the brightest thing to do, opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Petr0lHed View Post
    Now, in this episode of bad luck benji we have some more damage to the caddy

IMG_2607.jpg

There's a couple more chips on the windscreen and then some slight damage to the paint as well which is gutting. This was just over a week ago so we're basically up to present day now haha, but here's the story..

So i went out for drive one night and literally about a mile from my house i was greeted with a handful of stones out of nowhere, majority hit the windscreen and bounced over luckily but i drove a bit further and pulled up to check and grasp what the fuck just happened. I went straight home, told my dad and we pulled up to the house where it happened. Was met by a woman and when i asked if theyve been throwing stones i got the reply "well we're sick of cars and bikes driving past at 100mph!!" so basically, yes. Being a national speed limit road i was doing 50, maybe 55 as theres a 3rd gear corner before their house so wasnt tanking on, but they seem to think i was doing twice that lol. Then her fella come out and said "come by my house like that again you little c*nt and i'll rip your fucking head off" how nice. He was opening his gates to let his dogs on us so we left n called the police, i went to see them last week and theyve cautioned him but thats about it, so im gonna get myself a new screen and speak to the painter at some point as well. Obviously i want payback but might not be the brightest thing to do, opinions?
    give it time, don't do anything stupid...you will pay the price if you do do something stupid.

karma is awesome and it will sort them out

Quote Originally Posted by worthingcaddy View Post
    karma is awesome and it will sort them out
    that's what im hoping for! luckily the windscreen is covered so can get a new one for £75 and it gives me a chance to put a fresh windscreen seal in too