Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: My Caddy Project

Great build dude, had a lot of work put into it. Lucky with that earth wire mind you, seen similar issues pop up an a few builds and some people not so lucky, probably the biggest fear Ive got for mine 1) I know fuck all about electrics and 2) Im usually the unlucky one. Whats the plans for the bay?

Quote Originally Posted by ryso08 View Post
    Great build dude, had a lot of work put into it. Lucky with that earth wire mind you, seen similar issues pop up an a few builds and some people not so lucky, probably the biggest fear Ive got for mine 1) I know fuck all about electrics and 2) Im usually the unlucky one. Whats the plans for the bay?
    Sorry man just seen this! yes that earth wire could have been a lot worse haha, and plans for the bay is really just to smarten it up. Wouldn't say full smooth as theres a lot of work in that and i dont think it suits an ABF. Like im keeping the servo etc so it will still be a pretty full engine bay, but im just having lots of nice parts and polished bits in there and do my best to tuck the wiring.

Little update, so after finishing up all the welding (i think) the other night i cracked on with some filler this afternoon and started flatting out some dips and bumps in the bay, im not going full smooth with filler and plates everywhere as you probably wont even see it with my engine anyway, and i like all the factory curves and lines so its more or less the same, just with a few holes filled and some smooth areas

IMG_0747.jpg

Started off on the heater delete panel as thats gonna be the bit everyone will see so wanna get that the best I can

IMG_0805.jpg

This is gonna be all im doing for the next week or so, so wont be much to update until its got some primer on. Will start getting the engine built back up soon though too as it needs new sump/clutch and all its bits putting back on then i'll get it dropped in to have a measure up for lines and where i wanna put line clips etc. Finally starting to feel like im getting somewhere now which is good!

Practically living at work atm but slow progress is better than no progress.....

Finally got round to getting the primer laid on yesterday, was eager to get it done before it starts getting cold and damp but also didnt want to rush the filler/sanding. Its came out pretty well and theres only the odd little spot i want to touch up so im happy. Was an experience using epoxy for the first time too, not like normal primer!

IMG_1084.jpg

Primered 3.jpg

And got my new sump on my engine and got the block all painted up and ready for its new clutch. Unsure on what to do with the head, so im thinking just clean it up and get it relatively shiney? Once clutch is on then i can put it back on the engine stand, fit all the parts back to it and get it ready for a dry fit so I can plan some more things out.