Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Big bumper 8v mk2

Big bumper 8v mk2

This arrived tonight!

Had some troubles getting it off the recovery truck as its to low! But once it was off I thought I'd check it over! Put a new battery on and the immobiliser wouldn't turn off! So messed about for 5 mins and sorted that turned the key fuel pump fired into life, that was a good thing!
    So I primed it a few more times and turned the key and click! NOTHING! I checked the connections again and then though I'll jump it at the same time! NOTHING!
    I rocked it backwards and forwards in gear and engine turned freely, so I thought I'd change the starter I must have a spare, I Dug out the spares unbolted the old one and they were all different!

So I packed away the tools and I'm now back home and typing this!

More tomorrow once I've ordered a starter and I'll get some pics of it at the workshop!

Changed the starter this morning and it turned over, but didn't fire! Put a gallon of fresh fuel in and still nothing, sprayed some carb cleaner in the inlet and it fired up. So at least it starts!
    Pulled fuel pipe off and no fuel at rail so I've ordered a new fuel filter and will have to get it on my ramp as I need to raise it up anyway and change the wheels over

Underfloor pump is fucked can't get another one till Monday!

Hopefully the pump will sort it, what's the plans?

Removed the pump today had to air saw the bracket off the pump then used grips on the rusted screws, what was good is that it wasn't all gummed around the filter on the pump
    Will fit new pump Monday and hopefully it will be running
    I can then get it cleaned put the gti grille back on, and take it for an mot! I'm still waiting for the G60 rims to come back from the powder coaters
    Plans are to get some use out of it!

I do like a good mk2....

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    I do like a good mk2....
    You can buy it if you Want? As yours is nearly finished

Quote Originally Posted by notenoughtime View Post
    You can buy it if you Want? As yours is nearly finished
    I'll never do another project again.

Ever

Just use it then! Ha

Just bought ourselves a nice Audi A6 c6 avant for using purposes!!

You sell that no probe, anything ole school vw sells easily nowadays. Everyone has gone vw mad......

Yeh I know mate!

Once it's been cleaned raised up and on some proper wheels on it'll look like a different car!

Was going to change the wheels today but couldn't find the locking nut key! Tried using a multi spline bit hammered in but it rounded three of the four! But I managed to wind the coilovers up 50mm but it hasn't seemed to raise it much as there was so much free play on the springs!

Started with heat gun trick

Couple of interior, found out it has electric headlamp adjusters

Window deflectors

Drilled out the locking nuts today so old wheels are now off! Fuel pump turned up but wasn't the correct one! Rang TPS and no longer available but I Found a nos pump for £58 on eBay and that should be here weds so it's stuck on the ramp till then!

pump Arrived at 5.30 this afternoon so fitted it and it leaked so I removed it and refitted it and was ok for the first 5 mins but leaked again so yet again I drained the tank and cleaned it refitted it and finally done!

Let the engine warm up and think I might have a heater matrix leak!

Had some stickers in the window and on the bumper so removed them

Fitted side moulding as was annoying me it was missing

Fitted my refurbished g60 steels and raised it up, I've removed the alarm as it was playing up and wasn't starting, took it to get cleaned inside and out and went to the mot station always good to have a clean car first impressions and all that!
    It does amaze me how many people bring cars/vans in that are minging!
    Passed with only mention of rear wheel bearings have small amount of play!

Pics to follow
    Last edited by notenoughtime; 01-03-2016 at 08:43 PM.

New water pump and expansion tank fitted as may take this to Bromley pageant on 5th June

This pic is it raised 50mm on the coilovers but since then have raised it another 20mm as was to low still, it drives much better now!

Also had a stereo and speakers fitted as previous owner had fitted speakers everywhere
    So now has 5 and 6 inch components in the doors with tweeters and 6x9s in the rear with small amp powering them as cables had been cut by po

I'm not really into stereos etc but this tidies the interior up and also has BT connection for the phone

Today I purchased these which will go on the golf I can then put the G60's on the grey caddy

The only problem is the wheels came with this!

image.jpg
    Last edited by notenoughtime; 14-05-2016 at 06:01 PM.

Abf engine, electric Windows, pas, stainless exhaust, coilovers, new brakes, Mot'ed