Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Retro build thread... MK1 Astra

We didn't have alloy wheels back in the early 90s, this pre-dates the ubiquitous three spoke TSW.

well there were alloys out there, but not very commonplace and certainly not in my budget, cavalier hub caps for me, colour coded of course.

True reg! the only real budget alloys where second hand factory fitted ones! Most looked just like hubcaps

I CANNOT wait for the grand unveiling

That is fucking awful

Good work

Finally out into the light

She's a looker, no-one did lowering back then

The vauxhall rastra

Just like the girl I was with back then, the bonnet has taken quite a beating, the two acts were probably related

Not the standard mods - Goodmans FDSS shelf mounts, fog light as hi level brake light and radio one sticker - obviously the formula shell sunstrip and the four bar highway flasher (anyone remember them?) were yet to be fitted...

It stayed like that for about two weeks until there was a bit of a problem with a stone wall on a narrow back lane

Note that with all the colour coding - I forgot the mirrors
    Last edited by regcheeseman; 24-09-2015 at 09:28 PM.

I'm gonna puke, that is just so rancid! I'm sure you were on 1st name terms with the local plod.....

I used to pick up producers on a daily basis, even got one stood on the pavement waiting for my girlfriend to finish work BUT as soon as the rasta emerged I never got stopped, they knew who I was, they knew I was legit and didn't bother me.

oh except one time, a copper asked if I'd seen anything odd a few nights earlier, I'd been nailing my girlfriend in a remote car park and he'd spotted me there, they'd been looking for someone else.

I said that I hadn't seen anything

The copper remarked that he wasn't surprised as my windows were pretty steamed up and give me a knowing look

a Ha ha ah ahaha ha

Not surprised you had the lady luck with that bad boy

proper klunge magnet

laughed all the way through that commentary. I nipped out the cafe inbetween reading it, parked up and there was a B reg one in the next driveway, in a funny shape of green!

Quote Originally Posted by curtis1 View Post
    laughed all the way through that commentary. I nipped out the cafe inbetween reading it, parked up and there was a B reg one in the next driveway, in a funny shape of green!
    Where?! Condition?!

north manchester, no idea, could only see the front as it was parked on a driveway