Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheesewheels V - back to where it all began...????

No, it was a messed up link code - fixed now.

seen this heap driving around town a few times!

Sort it out!

Holy fuck that is truly awful looking!!!

will watch with interest.....
    Alan says: Selling the $hit in the garage pays for new toys

Quote Originally Posted by regcheeseman View Post
    Also, notice it's a blue i engine, the 88bhp one, but the V5 says it's a 102 silver i, I've loads and load of receipts for work on the van but nothing to show an engine swap..?
    Has it got an intercooler, i seem to think the blue i ones didnt. Is the blue badge likely to have been fitted just to compliment the other blue stuff that i assume was stuck to it

Was trying to think what that grille reminded me of........

Yeah there's more than a passing similarity

I think there's a certain marvin the paranoid android look...

Holy fuck that is truly awful looking!!!
    Don't hold back mate, just tell me straight.

i was trying to work out why you buy such sheds, but then i suppose if you start low enough, it cant get any worse

Oi!

Ain't no shed, fair enough it looks sheddy but that was to my advantage.

I had a 6K budget for a camper converted, 2.5 powered T4, you go find me a sub 100K van in original paint with solid arches and windscreen that's not an auto or left hooker...

By buying something aesthetically challenged I've £1500 left over to buy 2 bumpers and a grille and whack some cupboards in the back, and give the engine a decent service.

This van has given me back something I've not had since getting rid of the caddy..... the love of driving, just for the fun of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_T View Post
    Has it got an intercooler, i seem to think the blue i ones didnt. Is the blue badge likely to have been fitted just to compliment the other blue stuff that i assume was stuck to it
    No intercooler, that's the first thing that gave the game away, then when I peeled the white carbon sticker off the 'i' on the badge, I could see it was blue.

I'm not really bothered either way, the only issue at the moment is the DVLA and the insurance - who have it down as a 102, I'll wait until I get the V5 back and check the engine.

haha sounds good

Oi!

Ain't no shed, fair enough it looks sheddy but that was to my advantage.

I had a 6K budget for a camper converted, 2.5 powered T4, you go find me a sub 100K van in original paint with solid arches and windscreen that's not an auto or left hooker...

By buying something aesthetically challenged I've £1500 left over to buy 2 bumpers and a grille and whack some cupboards in the back, and give the engine a decent service.

This van has given me back something I've not had since getting rid of the caddy..... the love of driving, just for the fun of it.

It does make economic sense when put like that but the potential for scotch lock laden bodges and over use of silicone scares the hell out of most!

Quote Originally Posted by DubMonkey View Post
    It does make economic sense when put like that but the potential for scotch lock laden bodges and over use of silicone scares the hell out of most!
    Ahhh, but the 11 grand receipt (amongst the huge folder full of history) for the original conversion work, might suggest that it has been done semi-competently.

Some of the audio installation is not that tidy (not very well hidden), but it's been done fairly well, so we are not talking corrado spec potential fireball situation!

Even the alarm is a decent Cobra and well fitted, I can add the total closure bits from the alarm I extracted from the Golf and retro fit some central locking.

Found a grille and possibly a set of bumpers already....

I was going to sell the full width bed and buy a 3/4 width one - but it looks like a really good one, so I'm just going to cut it down, and add some proper storage underneath.
    Last edited by regcheeseman; 10-11-2014 at 02:17 PM.

nice one reg!

Dateless personalised plate too

VR6 swap?

T4's are mega money, I nearly bid on one the other day that had done 35k but got to strong for my blood! Dont know if you see it Reg, was a light met blue (velvet I think). The auction ended early so I dont know what it made in the end http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1214688152...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I will probably end up buying another T5 going by what T4's are making

Get an intercooler in it mate, with some .216 injectors and put std Euromap in it for 150 ponies

decent, Cobra alarm
    Mutually exclusive terms mate.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 View Post
    nice one reg!

Dateless personalised plate too
    Genuine Devonian plate

Quote Originally Posted by 13 View Post
    VR6 swap?
    Already notched the chassis rails, gonna fit one of them W16 engine in.

T4's are mega money, I nearly bid on one the other day that had done 35k but got to strong for my blood! Dont know if you see it Reg, was a light met blue (velvet I think).
    There was one a few days ago, totally original panel van - caused this amusing thread on T4 forum, basically the chap who bought it, took it to a conversion place and the owner of the conversion place who posted the thread, had real issues with ruining this 'piece of history' - everyone else was just like "it's only a van, do what you are paid to do and convert it"

Get an intercooler in it mate, with some .216 injectors and put std Euromap in it for 150 ponies
    Yes please.

decent, Cobra alarm
    Mutually exclusive terms mate.
    Really - I'd been led to believe they were decent, just the installs that let them down?

This one is still working fine....I think.

reg ive got plenty of autosmart tardis, hit the lower panels with that, then mop the shit out of it!

other then the obvious, looks like a good find

Quote Originally Posted by crezz View Post
    reg ive got plenty of autosmart tardis, hit the lower panels with that, then mop the shit out of it!

other then the obvious, looks like a good find
    Why don't you come and show me how - maybe bring a cambelt kit with you

bring a cambelt kit with you
    both of them!