Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: 200hp + TDI Maxi Life Project

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Hi I'm also doing the asz convention with the 6 speed box and my question is what driveshafts do I use?
    Cheers
    Mk4 Golf 6sp shafts with Caddy outer CV's

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    Mk4 Golf 6sp shafts with Caddy outer CV's
    That's what I'v done but thanks for putting my mind at rest 👍. Will the be ok to run until after Christmas when I get it mapped or is it best to leave it till it's mapped? Thanks for your help by the way.

Hi I had my Caddy gry running earlier, after changing hub it still was taking time to start.. cam shaft position sensor has to be from bls as well. I'm looking for someone around east midlands to map it as Its ratling on idle, any recomendations?

Quote Originally Posted by adamnotts View Post
    cam shaft position sensor has to be from bls as well.
    They are the same. But what you often find on these PDs is that the can sensor wire goes very brittle and breaks inside, so just unplugging them can enough to screw them up

I'm looking for someone around east midlands to map it as Its ratling on idle, any recomendations?

Why dont you contact a pendle agent in your area and see if they can do it?

Sorry to resurrect this thread somewhat, but quick question re cam sprocket hub: What year was your Caddy Life?
    I notice that some earlier BLS (and BXE) engines ~2007 seem to have the same camshaft hub trigger layout as ATD/ASZ/ARL/etc. generation PD motors...

Hi al you wouldn't happen to hve a part number for the bls pulley hub would you please as iv been scratching my head for months and now just seen this post ha old bls lump sold months ago

038109239L

The important bit of the part number is the "L"

Earlier PD's didnt have a letter on the end, and some of the later earlier EDC15 engines end in a "D"

Has anybody got a camshaft pulley hub for a bls engine that I can buy. I've just bought a caddy van that's had this conversion. I also have the camshaft sensor fault code and I suspect the hub may be the problem. I need to change the pulley and hub!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    Thought I should update this.

I got it running a few weeks back but it was taking some cranking to get it to start and throwing a cam sensor fault code
    So I then noticed that the camshaft pulley hub had different pick up points so had to swap it over in situ which was pain considering I had all this off on the bench beforehand

Hub differences, ASZ (EDC15) vs BLS (EDC16). The actual pulleys are identical and share part numbers
    Attachment 25453

The biggest agro doing this in situ is that because the ASZ uses the earlier hydraulic belt tensioner I could not get the engine mount completely out of the way which made me swear a little bit!

Anyway, its now on the button and ready to be MOT'd, then it can be left with Bobby Singh to map it

Hi, sorry to bring up an old topic. But doing the conversion from BJB to ASZ, will i still need to do the modification to the block of the ASZ?
    Or are the ASZ and BJB similair in a way?
    I really need the help as i am doing the swap this week

I might add that this is still used daily and has now clocked up 199k miles! The LuK CSC & DMF are now fucked after only covering 37k miles, so I have now just bought a Sach kit to see if that's any better than the LuK shit which is supposed to be OEM!!!

What a twunt I am!

I just read through the first page of this thread to see that it was a Sach clutch that I fitted and not an LuK. So I have just gone out and bought the same kit

Lets hope this one lasts a big longer

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee58627 View Post
    Hi, sorry to bring up an old topic. But doing the conversion from BJB to ASZ, will i still need to do the modification to the block of the ASZ?
    Or are the ASZ and BJB similair in a way?
    I really need the help as i am doing the swap this week
    I believe so yes, you will be able to tell by looking on the BJB to see if it has the external crank sensor like the ASZ or not because I have conflicting info