Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 105

Thread: Autobarn Customs!

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham, UK
    Posts
    9,717


    double doors, very posh

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    in wiffy viral quarantine
    Posts
    15,641
    Quote Originally Posted by mugglesquop View Post


    double doors, very posh
    retarted, why would you ever have 2 stupid small doors when you could have one decent sized one?

    The golf only just fits in lol

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham, UK
    Posts
    9,717
    thats alright, Caddy is smaller than the golf

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    in wiffy viral quarantine
    Posts
    15,641
    Lighting project complete!

    it's like daytime in there now

    I used 9 "865 70watt daylight" lamps on the ceiling and an additional one above the workbench that the T made me think was a good idea



    Shelves almost complete too, and almost totally free

    oh and "retro" sound system also installed

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Devon
    Posts
    17,889

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    in wiffy viral quarantine
    Posts
    15,641
    Exactly what Alana said!

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Devon
    Posts
    17,889
    Thought so, it's the same reason I have just 2 striplights.

    However a 'quick' 45 minute shower using 11 KW is perfectly acceptable.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    in wiffy viral quarantine
    Posts
    15,641
    Been making things a bit more homely....








  9. #89
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    surfing the forum when I should be writing reports..... (Aylesbury or Lincoln)
    Posts
    1,331
    how much of the garage door opening height is lost to the door in the open position? I'm moving house at the end of the month and there is currently one of the old school type up and over doors (the one that sticks out a bit when it's open) and it robs a fair bit of the height, enough that I wouldn't be able to get either of my vans under it (Caddy and T4)

  10. #90
    Al, have you thought about knocking the centre pillar out and having one large opening?

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    surfing the forum when I should be writing reports..... (Aylesbury or Lincoln)
    Posts
    1,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    Al, have you thought about knocking the centre pillar out and having one large opening?
    that way you could have a proper lintel rather than the mucked together bricks you currently have

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Village View Post
    how much of the garage door opening height is lost to the door in the open position? I'm moving house at the end of the month and there is currently one of the old school type up and over doors (the one that sticks out a bit when it's open) and it robs a fair bit of the height, enough that I wouldn't be able to get either of my vans under it (Caddy and T4)
    I looked at different options and barn doors are the best IMO

  13. #93
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    surfing the forum when I should be writing reports..... (Aylesbury or Lincoln)
    Posts
    1,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    I looked at different options and barn doors are the best IMO
    I quite fancy one of the sectional ones or a roller door (cos I'm lazy and want a 'leccy door), but a roller wouldn't be insulated.

    A nice set of barn doors would look best though.

  14. #94
    in sure you can get insulated upvc rollers now, 13s looks like a sectional and they take up the same head room as the up and overs

  15. #95
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    in wiffy viral quarantine
    Posts
    15,641
    Quote Originally Posted by Village View Post
    how much of the garage door opening height is lost to the door in the open position?
    they are quite good, they roll all the way up to be horizontal on the rollers you can see.... though.... the rollers are there all the time which IS annoying

    Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    Al, have you thought about knocking the centre pillar out and having one large opening?
    Yes, but I have no real budget to do so lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    in sure you can get insulated upvc rollers now, 13s looks like a sectional and they take up the same head room as the up and overs
    They are one piece. They are very nice solid doors, just a shame that they are a bit small and that the frame sticks into the garage - no chassis rolling for me

  16. #96
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham, UK
    Posts
    9,717
    any updates?

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 View Post


    They are one piece. (
    Look like 3 sections in the pics, so they are just up & overs then?

  18. #98
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    in wiffy viral quarantine
    Posts
    15,641
    Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    Look like 3 sections in the pics, so they are just up & overs then?
    Yep that's right, up and over, with the added annoyance of the framey bit



    Quote Originally Posted by mugglesquop View Post
    any updates?
    Nothing much going on unfortunately, been fiddling about with my compressor, which is now a bit more healthy!

    Also made most of a work bench - here with it's top off!

    The front part unbolts, then the top can hinge up to allow a car in on that side... though I built it around the compressor, so, I dunno where that would go in that instance !




    Still need to paint the other side...

  19. #99
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    in wiffy viral quarantine
    Posts
    15,641
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 View Post
    I built it around the compressor, so, I dunno where that would go in that instance !




    Still need to paint the other side...
    Only taken 4 years...

    IMG-20190210-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20190210-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20190210-WA0009.jpg

  20. #100
    I hope its not saying like that?

    Thats going to resonate like a mofo up there

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •