Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: mk1 sport to v6 24v

Right come down to do a bit and I've lost/misplace said little olive that I was holding in pic where can I buy the fitting or Al can you send me another please ??

As I'm buying a second had flywheel are they stretch bolts used on the vr6 flywheel to secure or can I fed used ones think it's 10 needed if so any body got any or a flywheel before I buy of the bay?

surfing the forum when I should be writing reports..... (Aylesbury or Lincoln)
    If it's the same as a 1.9 TDi, then yes, the flywheel bolts a stretch jobs. I got some from my local main stealer for about 3 quid a pop

For the likes of al and slim if going turbo what turbos are suitable ?what exhaust Mani can be used with what turbo?
    Any links to management side of things and any other related parts needed advise you can give to either convince me or put me off
    I'm seriously considering it now ... As I may only end up doing it later ..! Bare in mind it's the 24v there seams to be kits for the 4 motion ... But obviously room is an issue in mk1

Ŵhat intercooler Are people using?

I see that al and slim have relocated the servo is this a must? Also rain tray is staying..!

Quote Originally Posted by MadDub View Post
    I see that al and slim have relocated the servo is this a must? Also rain tray is staying..!
    Dont turbo it, I would fit some Schrick cams and go over to throttle bodies instead.

Many of the "middle of the road" stand alone ECU's are much of a muchness, so find a good tuner that is not the other side of the country, and then ask them what ecu they prefer/are familiar with.

Why no turbo al?

What's the deal with chargers??

Why no turbo al?
    You have 200hp already, cams and bodies will see you to 250hp, would sound phenomenal and be very drivable and relatively simple

Much less heat generated than turboing and packaging is very hard in the MK1 engine bay.

But if you must, you would ideally need an inlet manifold as well as the exhaust, as the plastic intake will explode with any reasonable boost. There is no room for an intercooler unless you are prepared to chop out the front panel and crossmember and then put strength back into it. Battery would really need to be relocated. Servo position is fine. There are many suitable turbos depending on your goals but expect to pay £1200-£1500 for one. you will also need to lower the compression ratio with a head spacer.

You could use the OEM management for turbo'ing, and I know someone local who can do that.

PS. Are you still breaking that 2K ???

Also;

Say you went the cams and TB route. You could find yourself an R32 motor later on and have 300+ aspirated!

^^^^im tempted with this myself^^^^

There is athred on the red vento r32 on boddies

Sorry caddy 2ks gone I raped the bits and chopped sill off and my mate baught it to build back up ..

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    Also;

Say you went the cams and TB route. You could find yourself an R32 motor later on and have 300+ aspirated!

^^^^im tempted with this myself^^^^

Oooooh yeah I like the sound of this! The engine noise would be immense.

Anybody got a mk3 rear gesrbox mount??

Just needing the bush bit?

Just been reading up on Worthing's caddy about the down pipe and wondered what size tube to use ...2.5"??

Just needing the bush bit?
    Mate, these are only about £10 new from GSF etc

Just been reading up on Worthing's caddy about the down pipe and wondered what size tube to use ...2.5"??
    the 24v is different to the 12v, have you not got any of the original downpipe?

Nope Dave said it had split I've just got the cast mani..!