Thread: f731 tab anyone own this mk1

f731 tab anyone own this mk1

Just wondered if any one has my old caddy on here wondered what it looks like now was a mk1 tdi pick up registration f731tab

Wandering around I found this thread. As there is no reply then I do not think some here has it.
    Good point is it is still taxed until 01 08 2014. So looks like it could still be on the road.

I now own this matw, could do with some info on the conversion . Rad fan seems to be wired into the lighting loom and only works if lights are on :S, also whats the other switch on the dash for!?

You'll be lucky to get a response to this - the guy hasn't posted since early 2013

Hey no idea about wiring sorry as I believe it was taken to auto electrician after I sold it swit h o dash was for fog light

any idea on engine history? or how many miles the shell has done?

Hey all I no on the engine is that its from a seat toledo the miles match the clocks shell had 200000 on when I had it m8 but a lot could have been changed since I had it what does she look like now

Oh id say it needs a few quid spent to tidy it up wiring looks scary dont know whats gone on there what are your plans for it if you dont mind me asking

The plan is to fully restore it, or do as good a job as i can..slowly sorting out all the electrics for the MOT, got to do a few wheel bearings and brake lines, 3 spots of welding and a few other small things. Gunna paint it blue with rustoleum soon as the current paint is pretty poor to say the least, think its been sat for around 2 years before i got it.

Any idea who did the engine conversion? Want to find out a bit more on how it was done...Cheers

Not much to the engine conversion if it's got a toledo engine all it would need is the mk1 mounts attaching to the engine and then drop it in.
    Diesels of that era have about 8 wires - simple pimple
    Alan says: Selling the $hit in the garage pays for new toys

It was done by a mate of mine he litterally dropped the engine box loom in and there were a lot of wires that were un needed as were for electric window, heated seats, other bits and bobs but the guy after me said he took it to an auto electrician and the wiring now looks nothing like when I had it

Finally got round to getting some decent work done on it now, almost back on the road

Took the loom out and stripped it back to the bare essentials, added a few wires for evrymod, w terminal, reverse light sensor, etc. Deleted n18 valve and wired in the n75, which wasnt connected. 3 bar map sensor and chipped ecu.

Got some .205 injectors for now and sending the original injectors off to get. 240 nozzles put in ready for the vnt turbo.

Lots of cleaning painting and polishing and put everything in the bay back together. Made an engine cover out of the bottom of a plastic tub, looking a lot tidier now.
    2015-07-10 21.50.51.jpg
    bay.jpg

Fitted a mk2 dash with gtd clocks and all of the ce2 dash loom which all plugged straight in to the ce2 fuse box, just had to wire the w terminal to one of the cluster loom wires. 20150712_205514.jpg
    20150712_205558.jpg

Welded up the floor pan and inner arch, still got the sills and rear arch to do, inner sills almost rusted through to the leaf spring mount but just about save able!
    20150712_140534.jpg

20150712_151806.jpg20150712_151831.jpg

Has all new control arm bushes, wheel bearings, hub flanges, discs and pads, shaved and painted the calipers and made up new brake lines. Going to get rid of the load compensator and just run new pipe to the rears. 20150626_103126.jpg1436785216554.jpg

Just need new tie rod ends and the front end can go back together so I can get the back jacked up and finish the brakes.

Hopefully get the bodywork sorted soon..

Looks etter would love to see it complete I had no time

How does this look now?

i know that post was some time ago but that engine transformation was awesome