Thread: New Members and Lurkers PLEASE READ THIS

New Members and Lurkers PLEASE READ THIS

In an attempt to combat spam, we will be deleting accounts with ZERO posts on a weekly basis. So if you want to remain as a member then please make a post by introducing yourself in the introduction forum.

Also if you have registered and have not activated your account via the link sent to you within 48hrs, then these accounts will also be deleted.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause in the interim period, but the deletion of zero post accounts helps us combat the 1000's of spam we get daily at the moment and generally make the forum a better place to browse

Al

playing the triangle in a reggae band.... and ting
    i was watching the spammer's acounts popping up last night at about 5am then watched powerless as the account spammed about 35 posts....

Al, just a thought here. Would being a paid member stop the spammers, even if it was only a pound contribution would this stop them being able to join? I know it might turn some new members off but if they don't think a quid would be good value are they wanted anyway. Like I said just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by My Little Brother's Van View Post
    i was watching the spammer's acounts popping up last night at about 5am then watched powerless as the account spammed about 35 posts....
    Quote Originally Posted by caddypenguin View Post
    Al, just a thought here. Would being a paid member stop the spammers, even if it was only a pound contribution would this stop them being able to join? I know it might turn some new members off but if they don't think a quid would be good value are they wanted anyway. Like I said just a thought
    The bot stopper that we installed a few weeks ago didnt seem to work, but since we moved servers it seems to have kickstarted into life It has prevented 258 bots registering since just lunchtime today, and in that time only 4 registrations got through that I had to delete manually, so its a massive help

Monkey & I are just having to be extra vigilant at the mo!

When we upgrade to VB4 it has more things we can do to help prevent any spam, and with some ideas i have we should be able to eradicate it all together
    Last edited by Al; 10-01-2013 at 08:11 PM.