Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: *** Name & Shame ***

to be honest with you I don't even know what that is? :/

Department of Transport

they issue MOT licences to garages and are known to love hearing storys of mot passes like yours.

Quote Originally Posted by elevensies View Post
    Department of Transport

they issue MOT licences to garages and are known to love hearing storys of mot passes like yours.

do it! dodgy MOTs are no fun!
    Alan says: Selling the $hit in the garage pays for new toys

Might give it a try, I could get the MOT garage I went to + the guy who did the welding to clarify it for me too.

If you have repaired,modified,or welded any of the problems since the MOT, VOSA will not be intrested.

Damn!

I got hit like that Charlie. Rotton floor pan smeared with underseal over the holes, sheet of metal glued in with silicone glue, cross member for the seat was constructed from metal glued together with silicone glue, boarded out the back covering patchy battered bed. The rear bulkhead had rusted away completely on the angled section below the window and had just had a piece of board glued over ot to hide it. It was absolutely fucked. The guy wasnt on here but he said that he might see me again at a show. If i ever see him again im gonna break his nose. I found MOT failure chalk on the break lines. i went through the service history and i reacon that the failure chalk was from 3 or 4 years ago and it had had dodgy MOT's since then. I supose some of that i should have checked before i bought it but what a tosser.

It's funny you know because I took the car to vwfestival in august and when I went to get some food, the dude went up to a couple of the other guys on our stand and asks where I was, and told them I was the guy who bought it off him. But at that time it still had his MOT on it, hopefully he'll be at some shows this year

Been messed about recently by someone with the email address ryanoshea13@......

We agreed a deal where he was to buy my caddy without gearbox. I took it out and he didnt turn up!

Just to make you lot aware as he is looking for a caddy obviously

could we have a name and fame on here to as ive just had a fantastic experiance with another member doing a deal

thanks simon

Don't leave us hanging

Nobody buy anything from a Sam Ryding aka Rydinator from isle of whyte. He seems to frequent quite a few vw forum, especially mk 1 owners golf. The wanker sold me a front anti roll bar with all brackets and a set of gti clocks. All i received was the anti roll bar...no brackets and no clocks. I claimed through paypal, but because he had proof of purchase for the anti roll..............they finalised it in his favour!!!!

Complete wanker!! out of pocket nearly a ton!

hate to get this thread of topic, but holy crap you must've paid a lot for the setup then! if you still need some brackets drop me a PM

Quote Originally Posted by Bergcaddy View Post
    Don't leave us hanging
    Mmmmmmm I'm of to bed now ..... Yawn lol

Caddybill was another one who kinda screwed me over on a CB radio, sent me a picture of said unit and a totally diffreint unit turned up in the post, and he wasnt interested in the matter, but i see hes now been banned on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_4 View Post
    Caddybill was another one who kinda screwed me over on a CB radio, sent me a picture of said unit and a totally diffreint unit turned up in the post, and he wasnt interested in the matter, but i see hes now been banned on here?

That's properly screwed over in my opinion!
    Alan says: Selling the $hit in the garage pays for new toys

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    Nobody buy anything from a Sam Ryding aka Rydinator from isle of whyte. He seems to frequent quite a few vw forum, especially mk 1 owners golf. The wanker sold me a front anti roll bar with all brackets and a set of gti clocks. All i received was the anti roll bar...no brackets and no clocks. I claimed through paypal, but because he had proof of purchase for the anti roll..............they finalised it in his favour!!!!

Complete wanker!! out of pocket nearly a ton!
    I had a similar problem with a member on RR, i still have an incomplete ARB

And his Alias

Quote Originally Posted by DubMonkey View Post
    That's properly screwed over in my opinion!
    Seeing the problems other people had with him looking back im glad i got something in the post rather than nothing, It was a couple years back now, and iv since sold it on.

Seeing the problems other people had with him looking back im glad i got something in the post rather than nothing, It was a couple years back now, and iv since sold it on.

JUST WONDERED HOW YOU ALL FEEL ABOUT THE OLD SOLD AS SEEN THING WHEN BUYING A MOTOR I MEAN WHATS EXCEPTABLE
    reading your gripes above seems that there is a lot of dishonest dubbers out their but saying that buying second had vws you must expect a certain amount of bad repair ect
    but recently hidden and dangerous bodges are another matter any way whats your views?????
    where do we stand if you buy sold as seen????

i'm unsure on the legalities of "sold as seen" it does seem a bit crap that someone would buy something that looks fine but it be bodged up with fibreglass and you're none the wiser and when you find out there is something up there is nothing you can do. anyone know any examples of people getting any refunds or anything because of things like this?