Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: *** Name & Shame ***

If you buy something from a private individual you have no comeback, If you buy from a company then you are protected by law.

As for dodgy MOTs you would need to take it up with VOSA

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    If you buy something from a private individual you have no comeback,
    Strictly speaking you do have some comeback but its almost impossible to enforce. So you're pretty much screwed.
    Alan says: Selling the $hit in the garage pays for new toys

Live and learn ... If things were that bad should have the savi to spot them and walk away or take someone with you to look around a car no cover ups are that good hard to spot ..
    Harsh I know lucky no one is hurt and rise above it other wise it'll just stress you out!

Always go yourself and take an 'expert' with you.

I sent a garage in to pick up an rx8 for me. Now they were supposed to know all about them. The missed even the simplest thing that would have had me walking away.
    The model I was expecting was a 6 speed and this model was a 5 speed. They handed over my cash and got it back the garage. Turned out the cat was wrecked, the exhaust was blocked with the cat internals, one of the rotor had zero compression and the body was not the same one of the photos but was seriously bodged.

I was expecting to have landed either a nice wee run around to fix up but ended up with a death trap. I was raging and due to the costs I decide it was best to bin it. If I had my caddy on the road I would have hired a trailer and brought it home to strip it to the body but as it was the gearbox burst just two days too early.

I will never trust anyone other than myself to make the call and tbh when it comes to cars I have a decent enough knowledge and I can usually tell when someone is lying when I look in their eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by vwmad1 View Post
    JUST WONDERED HOW YOU ALL FEEL ABOUT THE OLD SOLD AS SEEN THING WHEN BUYING A MOTOR I MEAN WHATS EXCEPTABLE
    generally it is "sold as seen"

if something is covered in fresh underseal, it is a fair indication that it is covering something up, everyone knows it causes more problems that it solves so the only people who use it are people trying to hide something, weather it be bad repairs or unrepaird stuff, and really is your going to had over several hundred if not thousands of pounds, you should have a proper look at what you're buying, any genuine seller wont have a problem with you having a proper poke around, and just remember, if someone is selling something, there is normally a reason for it, they're trying to sell you something, soo take what ever they tell you with a pinch of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by reddood View Post
    generally it is "sold as seen"

if something is covered in fresh underseal, it is a fair indication that it is covering something up, everyone knows it causes more problems that it solves so the only people who use it are people trying to hide something, weather it be bad repairs or unrepaird stuff, and really is your going to had over several hundred if not thousands of pounds, you should have a proper look at what you're buying, any genuine seller wont have a problem with you having a proper poke around, and just remember, if someone is selling something, there is normally a reason for it, they're trying to sell you something, soo take what ever they tell you with a pinch of salt.
    Dam good reply that

http://www.a1engines.co.uk

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MPH-B...06214759409488

don't use these guys, rip off merchants and useless.

originally gonna charge £1,380 for a pickup and dropoff service to sort out my brothers engine on his focus. (supposedly an 'all inclusive' price) once they had the car apart they sent a bill through for £2,300. eventually settled for £1,850 (the car is worth around £1,400 and the original bill was borderline scrap the car) and said he'd have to pick the car up himself.

they also had the car for about a month. read the facebook stuff, im surprised we saw the car again.

not strictly speaking caddy related but worth mentioning.

Whelp - are these the ones that where on watch dog or something similar to 'cowboy builders' (but obviously not about builders). they sent in a astra for a new engine and they had it months

Quote Originally Posted by curtis1 View Post
    Whelp - are these the ones that where on watch dog or something similar to 'cowboy builders' (but obviously not about builders). they sent in a astra for a new engine and they had it months
    yes I believe so, my brother is a daft twat, the local guy could have done it all in 3 days for about a grand, but this guy was supposedly an expert and he does these every day and so on.

some people have never had their cars back.

once they take the thing apart, you owe them money and they have you by the bollocks.

and he had to drive to slough. fucking slough, completely nowheresville. I had worked in the Asda there 2 nights previous so we could have at least saved on fuel but the car wernt done.

Basher (Dave brawn) Hate to have to do this! BUT I WANT MY MONEY BACK
    Paid £50 for some mk2 roof trims in December. Paid an extra 20 quid for delivery ! In January had an pm saying family problems etc and failed collections of the parcel did i want a refund. Replied saying I would except a refund sorry about the family problems etc Has a couple of messages back. Now nothing I know he has visited the forum and looked at his messages as recent as a few days ago. Why do people think this is ok!!!!
    Last edited by tontoe; 13-05-2017 at 09:05 PM.
    Life is just a game we play!!

My build http://www.vwcaddy.com/showthread.ph...er-cover-caddy