Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: My Neighbours Love Me Project Mk1

the direct gloss paint i may of mixed a tad thin, and that i was a little to excited with the layers of paint in short time gave me issues in the past, the panel wipe ive got should help prevent the reactions ive had in the past,

as for the stone chip, id agree, fecking crap, had issues using with the caddy in the past

when it comes to doing teh colour coat i may well just give you a shout for your gun, i think the seal is going in mine,

as for water trap, i have one which is part of the regulator that i use before my air line, it is fairly sh!t if im honest, another lying scroat from ebay done me with it,

dont forget i do have my new compressor 50ltr 3hp v twin

ive got get the carport finished aswell, but it is getting there, bit tight to do the whole car at once tho, which is a shame as i dont want to have to do it in sections if i can help it
    ........_______l__\___
    .......[_@_______@_/
    Crezzy's Turd Wagon!

RE THE LAST PIC, that is the same reaction as i had, on one of the wings, everytime, still don't know why

what a prick, just cracked my windscreen!

#awesome!

anyhow, ive been wet flattening back the high build ? is this wrong? ive noticed that it all dries in clumps, that is a pain to get it off unless i wet it again, is this normal? or should i of flattened it back without water
    ........_______l__\___
    .......[_@_______@_/
    Crezzy's Turd Wagon!

shouldn't dry in clumps, you should have enough water going on to wash the dust away before it dries. But if the dust dries, yep it's a pig to get off again.

Il have to go over it again then, I've been using 800 grit? That should be fine?
    ........_______l__\___
    .......[_@_______@_/
    Crezzy's Turd Wagon!

yep 800 grit is quite fine.

I'd prep with 320, the wheels I did the weekend where rubbed with 180 and they came up lovely. I think you can make a lot of hard work for yourself with this painting game.

Save the fine paper for the inevitable wet sanding session on the colour coat.
    Last edited by regcheeseman; 16-08-2012 at 04:28 PM.

i shall take that onboard, ive got 1500 2000 3000 for colour, but if im honest, the paint will be rough so not worth wasting the paper!

once the body is in reasonable shape, i may just sling some paint on and see how it goes, i can faff around for days to try and get everythig perfect but it never turns out any better than if i just lag it and hope for the best! surely got to be better than the caddys paint! haha
    ........_______l__\___
    .......[_@_______@_/
    Crezzy's Turd Wagon!

i can faff around for days to try and get everythig perfect but it never turns out any better than if i just lag it and hope for the best!
    Yep that's the attitude. Always worked for me. Just take your time, the paint will not go off in the pot. Like my missus always tells me.... 'it's not a sprint'

'it's not a sprint'
    ........_______l__\___
    .......[_@_______@_/
    Crezzy's Turd Wagon!

You know that saying 'make the best out of a bad job' well I couldn't even do that, went to paint the wing, bonnet and boot lid and didn't feel it were going to go to plan so I didn't even start, but still managed to knock the bootlid off the stand and daped both corners, awesome
    ........_______l__\___
    .......[_@_______@_/
    Crezzy's Turd Wagon!

This car really aint going your way isit

Nothing goes Crezz' way, if it wasn't for 'bad' he'd have no luck at all.

You about tomorrow afternoon bud?

this is true reg, unlucky alf

well after a sh!t few efforts of doing bits on the golf were things went wrong, i decided to give it another go today, the front panel was a tad ropey to say the least, few small holes turned into more, and generally the inside had alot of rust, i thought it would be alot more suitable to swap out the whole front panel

well i didnt want to have to pay £90 plus delivery for one so i searches around and found a spanking new one rather local, so me and the dog went to collect it

£40 and an hour later we were home

this turned to this

to this

and then a trail fit

fairly happy with todays work
    ........_______l__\___
    .......[_@_______@_/
    Crezzy's Turd Wagon!

nice one.

About tonight? I'll pop over with the guns if you want? Got some paint here if you want it as well....

yep i shall be here mate, yeah swing down around if the weather is good like its ment to be, sunday i may have a good go with the paint, so basically sunday will be a disaster so prob best for it to rain! haha

cheers
    ........_______l__\___
    .......[_@_______@_/
    Crezzy's Turd Wagon!

Your dog is amazing

His shit is amazing - my best fecking trainers have been outside a week in this rain and the blooming dog chod wedged in them still wont shift.

You won't have to buy any sikaflex to fix your wings back on crezz, just squeeze muttley down the seam.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by regcheeseman View Post
    His shit is amazing - my best fecking trainers have been outside a week in this rain and the blooming dog chod wedged in them still wont shift.

You won't have to buy any sikaflex to fix your wings back on crezz, just squeeze muttley down the seam.

well seeing as we had one of those days when that big ball of fire has come out and im on day off, id thought id have a go at putting some paint on the golf, i mixed up a bit to see how it goes,

i started on the rear panel and down one side, i ideally wanted to do the whole car at once but dont really have the equipment or space really so my plan was to get a nice even coat over everything at least once, then try and do a final coat at a later date,

seemed to go ok, reg dropped around a couple guns i could borrow, but i still had a go with mine, trying to find that sweet setup for it, if i cant get the finish overly great i will have a go with his,

anyway, here is a photo i took, will get some more later

........_______l__\___
    .......[_@_______@_/
    Crezzy's Turd Wagon!

nice - very yellow.

Make the most of the weather, it's your last chance until next year. Get many flies in it?

Need to come over and take either a look or the p1ss - but might take advantage of the weather too and take a last minute holiday to Cornwall