Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: My Neighbours Love Me Project Mk1

What id do is if it happens again instead of taking it all back off and re painting it, while its still wet dab in the holes with the paint and then block down and polish I take it your using direct gloss? ( base and clear coat in one lol)

yes mate, direct gloss, i dont mind having to have to re do it, just concerned i wont have enough paint from the batch i had made up, dont really want to get more mixed as yellow seems a fooker to match,

tonight, i went to pick up a door, its solid, no rust, but has a dent on the lower part, most should knock out, shame is right on the edge,

........_______l__\___
    .......[_@_______@_/
    Crezzy's Turd Wagon!

god damn it

im still having a mare with the painting, it fecks me off, i get everything as good as i think i can considering the enviroment around me, ive had another reaction but this time, on the outside of the tailgate, inside sprayed pucker! at this rate i shall run out of paint before i start!

il get some pics up in a mo when its safe for me to go, im likely to have a tantrum any minute! haha
    ........_______l__\___
    .......[_@_______@_/
    Crezzy's Turd Wagon!

have you panel wiped it? if its on the wing and tailgate its VERY likely to be on every panel

just one area there, and a run futher up

yep all cleaned up
    ........_______l__\___
    .......[_@_______@_/
    Crezzy's Turd Wagon!

........_______l__\___
    .......[_@_______@_/
    Crezzy's Turd Wagon!

Can't really make out what's going on in your close up picture, but it still looks like you are putting on far to much paint as you've got sags. It seems to be glossing nice though.

I'll have to come and watch you paint, see how your gun is set and your speed. You had a word with Luke as he's a far better painter than I'll ever be.

not alot has been done as of late, been working my ass off doing overtime to save some dosh to fund this project, finally getting enough to get some bits ordered and my blooming fridge freezer goes bang so all my money and more has to go on that now, ah well.

ive just payed for alot of timber ready to build a car port once im back from holiday so i should be able to get cracking then as the weather is shambolic to say the least, and hard to work outside.

any how, today i was feeling fairly rough, (too much beer) so i tackled the engine bay, a job i wish i never ever started! :P

bit of rot

made a bit of a mess of removing the rain tray but i cant see any real easy way of getting it out. got a big hole above the fuse board to sort, and the clutch cable plate is rotten, also a bit of rot around the wiper bracket.

what do folks usually do with this bracket? fabricate a new one?
    ........_______l__\___
    .......[_@_______@_/
    Crezzy's Turd Wagon!

Wiper motor bracket can be deleted if you use a mk3? Golf motor....... I think its the mk3 anyway!

BBB
    I saw two rabbits in a field the other day..... I'm going to call at the house and see if they're for sale

Then let the teardown begin

yeah come to mention it, ive heard that before, im sure ive got a mk2 ibiza one somewhere, im pretty sure there very similar
    ........_______l__\___
    .......[_@_______@_/
    Crezzy's Turd Wagon!

Reg will tell you its the Mk2 motor if I remember rightly

NAh he wont - cos I cant remember. It all got a bit confusing with people suggesting different things that 'might' fit. So I just used the MK1 motor.

Nasty bit of rot in there bud, time to whack in a direct servo and ditch the link bar.

Sounds like you were in the same boat as me today Crezz - I've not drunk for 6 months or more and went on a pub crawl from instow to woolacombe, got a bit messy.

Weathers been good for painting just recently aint it.
    Last edited by regcheeseman; 08-07-2012 at 10:36 PM.

yeah id be keen on losing that link bar, although i was looking at sammys 106 and they use a better system as the threaded bar is enclosed in a tube, i guess to take out flex.

if i were to relocate the servo, fancy giving me a hand with it please
    ........_______l__\___
    .......[_@_______@_/
    Crezzy's Turd Wagon!

Yeah, it would be much easier to do second time around - especially as you are keeping the clutch cable.

havent done anything to this in a while, hopefully building a carport for it so can do alot more work and not have to worry about weather!

i shall be calling on reginald for helping hand with some welding soon

for the time being, i just look at this picture to keep me slightly encouraged

although the wheels would only be a stop gap, havent quite decided what wheels i want (afford)
    ........_______l__\___
    .......[_@_______@_/
    Crezzy's Turd Wagon!

right then, its safe to say, im fricking useless at anything and everything,

to start with, what a hunk of sh!t stonechip is, it reacts with nearly everything ive ever used, i had prepped all the sills and rear lower panel ready for a coat of stonechip. the pan was to then flatten it off a little to blend into the main panel, well the whole lot reacted and lifted all the previous paint the car has ever had! i then had to scrape it all off and then start again.

decided against the use of stonechip again! well for now,

so the day didnt start great, far from enthusiastic with what else was planned for the day but seeing as im running out of dry days this year, id thought id crack on.

seeing as my newey fabbed carport is half ready, i pinned up some tarps around the edge and made a ghetto spray booth, worked well apart from the loser with the spray gun! im cucking frap, the high build primer just wouldnt flow very nice, it was thinner then the last lot but still no good. made spraying everything that needed spraying a pain in the ring piece, i even managed to miss half the bits that needed doing! god dammit!

although i agree that mk1's rock, they make me rock forwards and backwards in my special place! after the abuse i got from the caddys paintjob i was really hoping for a better outcome this time around! bollocks,

as you can tell, really happy
    ........_______l__\___
    .......[_@_______@_/
    Crezzy's Turd Wagon!

golf sat in the unfinished car port

windscreen is out, just resting back in there
    ........_______l__\___
    .......[_@_______@_/
    Crezzy's Turd Wagon!

crezz, i know what it is like mate, i spent 6 weeks spraying and sanding the lacquer down, it is heart breaking, just keep trying mate

the primer will flatten down fine, just a ball ache, hopefully colour will lay on better

ive also noticed that i have a bit of paint craze? one side of filler cap, and on part of the swage line, ive flattened it back, you cant feel it but can see it?
    ........_______l__\___
    .......[_@_______@_/
    Crezzy's Turd Wagon!

I feel your pain bud. The number of times I was close to breaking down and smashing the golf to bits with a hammer.

I'll come down and take a look after the show this weekend, you're welcome to borrow my good gun which I've just serviced.

I keep saying that stone chip is shyte? If it doesn't react it falls off.

Epoxy primer, hi build (if you really must), top coat - Job done!

Dunno what paint you have but the green I've just shot on my wheels was so thin when mixed it did not need any thinner. I was just thinking about your earlier runs/sags problems, you're not just adding 10% thinners because it says so are you?

Have you got a trap on the compressor air line? I was getting a lot of water the other day out of the compressor but thankfully none was reaching the gun.