Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: TheLegend Caddy Project

I've still got it, that's my other tailgate. It's finished, just needs painted.
    I just spent yesterday reading your whole build....... Simply awesome!!!
    You have some skills.
    I was toying with the idea of the corsa steering Column.... Was it worth it? Difficult?

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
    I've still got it, that's my other tailgate. It's finished, just needs painted.
    I just spent yesterday reading your whole build....... Simply awesome!!!
    You have some skills.
    I was toying with the idea of the corsa steering Column.... Was it worth it? Difficult?
    ah cool, seems a good idea so i'm glad you've still got it.

thanks mate, appreciate it. cross column, DO IT! it's brilliant, i know people say about getting big arms etc thats all well and good but it completely transforms the drive and makes it far nicer to use day to day. i try not to think of things as difficult it's more of just fiddly ball ache. i did mine from scratch but hardly took any photos annoyingly. i'd 100% recommend it

Yeah I looked up corsa c power steering on eBay and looks like I can get one for around £50.
    Once I get it painted and built I'll take some more pictures.
    I just started to rent a garage from a friend so now I have somewhere to work on it rather than out in the garden waiting on the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
    Yeah I looked up corsa c power steering on eBay and looks like I can get one for around £50.
    Once I get it painted and built I'll take some more pictures.
    I just started to rent a garage from a friend so now I have somewhere to work on it rather than out in the garden waiting on the weather.
    ah man i can relate to that! i've got a garage now but it's not by my house and has no power or lighting so pretty much all the work i've done is outside.

yeah that sounds about right, make sure you get it with the ecu and wiring all attached. and you need a controller but i think they're only about £20

Yeah it looks like the ecu and wiring is on it. Is the controller the wee twisty knob? Take it that it just needs a power and earth run to the ecu. The garage I'm renting is pretty well kitted out. Power, lighting, compressor, tyre machine and balancer + a load of other stuff that will come in handy.

that makes me rather envious!

the controller you need is more than just a switch, it's a control box that sends a fake vehicle speed signal to the ecu the knob is to adjust how heavy the steering is. on eBay the only ones seem to be in portugal though, still only £18. i've heard you can buy ones that can be wired in to your caddys vehicle speed, which would be nice but not the end of the world
    Last edited by worthingcaddy; 13-03-2016 at 07:59 PM.

I'm after some of you opinions.
    I don't know if I should stone chip the inside of the arches.
    I like the inner arches stone chipped the same as the whole floor, but my friend says that covering the painted surface with stone chip would be a shame, as they are in a new like condition.
    So I'm at a crossroads now.
    I'll more than Likely stone chip them but what do you guys think?

For longevity, stone chip them.

My opinion.

Yeah I agree, I'll be putting arch liners in anyway if I can find them. I don't really want to look through the wheels and see the grey of the arch.

Now the next option, To VR6 or not to VR6 that is the question!

Vr6T that is the answer lol

Ha ha
    Yeah I'd love to lol.
    The guy that has the VR6 actually has a turbo kit for it...... So that could be an addition to it at a later date.

Only one problem tho. The VR6 is a non runner, the guy says its a fuel problem. It's been sitting a few years now. He has another VR6 so he was planning on using this one for spares. But his own one has been sitting for the same length of time. He told me that it's not getting fuel.
    That's all I know.
    Going to look at it tomorrow afternoon.

Ok so I done some more work to the caddy.
    I built up the front suspension with poly bushes and fitted the calipers. (Front end pretty much finished)
    Got my fuel tank out and cleaned it up and painted it satin black, looked good but I then thought I'd stonechip it so I dd, tank looks great now. I also got some stainless tank straps. My mate is gettin me some rubber strips for the straps.
    The back end is almost complete too so I'm getting on ok lol.
    Nearly time for her to go down on to her wheels.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Also I do have a question. When I was building up my calipers (front) I noticed the Pistons are slightly different. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Will they Mess up the brakes cause they are different?

I would hazard a guess yes, as they're different lengths. One would start to engage before the tuther.

they are the same length, photo doesn't show that great. The only difference is one has a well in the back of it.

Shouldn't have thought it would make a difference as once bled application of pressure will have the same effect

If they're the same dimensions, I don't think you've ought to worry about. It's the front mating surface of the piston that does the work.

That's what I was thinking myself. I built it up anyway.